Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: In The hands of Undead - A Story  (Read 1103 times)

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile
In The hands of Undead - A Story
« on: August 29, 2008, 07:33:22 am »

Hi all,
after reading through many stories, I thought I'd make my own.
I'm starting in a sinister biome, a place that I have never started before so your guess of what happens next is as good as mine.

Story:
Damn! first Mom then Dad and now me! After all my hard work as a mason they banish me, how? why? this is so annoying! Yesterday they told me I have been given the "honor" too start over and that I would leave in a week. If you were wondering my name is Aban Castlewhims I work as a mason and a miner in a small fort in the far south, I'll be writing down my adventures in this journal so if I die whoever finds it knows what happened too me. Consider this part as the introduction.

Entry 1
The day has come, I haven't slept too much this week, I haven't stopped thinking of of this "honor" I've been given, the honor of starting over. I packed up all my stuff and went too the the queens hall, there I met my comrades for the first time. The queen told us we could take up 2000 unit of wight in goods, we had a huge selection, there was stone, wood, gems, food, the entire treasurery was there. One old architect insisted on taking her spear, I though too myself "what an idiot that's just gonna slow us down". After selecting our goods a dwarf barged in, wounded all over his body, he has just returned from our destination, he says it was loaded with ghost, zombies and other terrifying stuff, everybody knows there is no such thing as ghosts, I thought and with that we left.

On the way there I got to know my comrades better:
Litast Charmbusts - woodworker
Momuz Machinehalls - axeman
Ushat Wheeltempted - miner
Sarvesh Marketsteels - architect
Vabok Scouredrazors - Farmer
Dastit Rooftrade - Leader

Luckily Momuz and Sarvesh new a thing or two about fighting, now were gonna starve to death instead of getting eaten by monsters. On the first night Ushat disappeared, she claimed she saw them, no body new what "them" was.
On the day of our arrival we found the site was litters with some kind of silk, Ushat kept saying it was "them". We quickly decided on a good place for our settlement and I and Ushat started digging.
while digging we heard screams, we rushed outside and some said the dog died, from what we didn't know. I started thinking maybe there were ghosts out here.

A few days later we already had stored most of our goods inside, we had a well going (thanks too mysterious underground water) and some workshops were built in one of the storage rooms. I hade become friends with Momuz, what a nice guy.  I hope I don't run into Dastit she looks like she'd kill the first person she'd see, she keeps complaining about the lack of beds, chairs and all the vermin. I told Momuz if he doesn't get too chopping trees and making beds were all doomed.
Well we made beds and she aint using them, what a bastard!

End of entry 1
« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 07:36:07 am by ILikePie »