Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121]

Author Topic: eRepublik  (Read 165767 times)

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: eRepublik
« Reply #1800 on: January 22, 2013, 04:07:58 am »

Since gold = cash for the company, and gold is spent on warfare, they focused the game on warfare. So basically it's just a grinder for cash generation.

The pay-to-win is too obvious on this game. In my opinion, free games should only offer cosmetic enhancements, convenience items or premium content for cash, not a direct way for one player to beat another. Beating your opponent should be decided with either strength of numbers or skill.

Needless to say, I won't be playing this one again.

pedrito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1801 on: January 22, 2013, 12:22:47 pm »

Signed up.

Saw the option to pay €€€ to become good.

F*** you I'm outta here.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #1802 on: January 24, 2013, 12:25:07 pm »

That's too bad, it was a pretty good game when i played back in '08 and '09.

GreatJustice

• Bay Watcher
  • ☭The adventure continues (refresh)☭
    • View Profile
« Reply #1803 on: January 24, 2013, 12:50:22 pm »

I still remember the US-Canada war like it was yesterday. The damn Americans used a stupid hospital glitch to infinitely fight, and then our damn Prime Minister let them get off the war without any reparations when we had a chance to sweep them. Still beats pay 2 win.
The person supporting regenerating health, when asked why you can see when shot in the eye justified it as 'you put on an eyepatch'. When asked what happens when you are then shot in the other eye, he said that you put an eyepatch on that eye. When asked how you'd be able to see, he said that your first eye would have healed by then.

Professional Bridge Toll Collector?

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1804 on: January 24, 2013, 12:59:57 pm »

I remember the USA pretty much trying to war with everybody. I was with the UK and my overriding memory was of a few of the bigger countries fighting each other and bullying smaller countries. Apart from when we lost a huge swath of Asia at once. Just as I'd moved over to one of the conquered regions too. I quit soon after that.

The Prime Minister was pretty cool though.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

GreatJustice

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1805 on: January 24, 2013, 01:20:10 pm »

I remember the USA pretty much trying to war with everybody. I was with the UK and my overriding memory was of a few of the bigger countries fighting each other and bullying smaller countries. Apart from when we lost a huge swath of Asia at once. Just as I'd moved over to one of the conquered regions too. I quit soon after that.

The France war? Yeah, that was pretty cool. Technically the Americans/Swedes/Spaniards were trying to liberate the Swiss from the French, but it kinda spiraled from there until everyone was fighting everyone.
The person supporting regenerating health, when asked why you can see when shot in the eye justified it as 'you put on an eyepatch'. When asked what happens when you are then shot in the other eye, he said that you put an eyepatch on that eye. When asked how you'd be able to see, he said that your first eye would have healed by then.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1806 on: January 24, 2013, 01:23:01 pm »

I didn't really understand what was going on much as far as international stuff goes.
I just worked the job that I had and then talked to people and read the news articles and things, but I never really could get a good picture of events from them.

I'd probably be a bit better at more carefully parsing the information now; but apparently the game has gotten worse since I left so I'll probably pass.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1807 on: January 24, 2013, 02:38:52 pm »

I was a part of eThailand12 back in the alpha/beta days. Was a grand time, organizing massive labor parties, accumulating gold and eThaibucks for massive projects, and generally just being a force for collectivist power. Them v1 came out. First election, our candidate had about 40 votes, opposing candidate had 20 votes, similar numbers for the senate. End result of that election, 80% of the senate was controlled by the opposition, the opposing candidate held the presidency, and they immediately started changing things to drive us out of the country, as well as stealing all the money that was stockpiled. Oh, and saying VERY nasty things about us in their papers. Admins did nothing at all about any of it, not even the slurs.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1808 on: January 24, 2013, 02:43:18 pm »

The France war? Yeah, that was pretty cool. Technically the Americans/Swedes/Spaniards were trying to liberate the Swiss from the French, but it kinda spiraled from there until everyone was fighting everyone.
That definitely sounds like Europe.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: January 24, 2013, 03:02:59 pm »

I log on my ancient account, and can't help but give out a hearty laugh as I see Poland controlling everything from Mazovia to Brittany, with Germany sitting where Denmark once was(the latter holding out in the northernmost part of their peninsula), France being reduced to a single province in Paris. Also, for some reason, we own entire Romania and a bunch of provinces in geographic Ukraine, which is now owned mostly by Hungary.

Also, Slovenia and Serbia fucked Italy up, Turkey is playing Ottomans, UK is putting a colony in Norway, which has been reduced to a single shit province, due to an attack from Russia.

FAKEEDIT:
Breaking news, Bulgaria exists as a country on the Arabian Peninsula. Croatia is embracing the Hindu. Spain owns Quebec and neighbouring provinces, as well as Guyana. South Africa is apparently at war with Brazil, which annexed most of it.

The only moment this map was real was when the game began.
I love it.

http://www.erepublik.com/en/map
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 03:05:02 pm by FritzPL »

GreatJustice

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: January 24, 2013, 03:31:19 pm »

lol, Poland.

I remember telling the Germans that conquering (basically empty) Poland would be stupid, but they cackled and did it anyway. Then the lone genuine Pole whipped other Poles on nationalistic forums into a fervour and they became a superpower. Of course, I was basically a troll at the time so my opinion wasn't worth much, but they really didn't think it through.

EDIT: Oh, and then much later the Germans reformed and became nice, I went over to help... and those scumbag Swedes invaded their own ally for the lulz.

Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121]