Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: it is raining human blood  (Read 4783 times)

oldmansutton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: it is raining human blood
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2016, 12:28:26 pm »

I think that might cause migrant numbers to dwindle though. I'm not sure, seemed like when I had a drop in numbers after that first one was ganked at Rewardpages, though I turned down the pop cap later to stop getting 40 children in each wave.

I haven't noticed any significant drop in migrant numbers, still getting waves every year.  The mountainhomes have sent their caravans without fail, and each caravan ends up dropping their goods (either prior to trading, or after, as it rains human blood quite frequently).  The 4th caravan brought me news that I could become a barony, which I accepted, and the 5th caravan the mountainhome was even MORE impressed with my fort.  The only mitigating factor I can think of is that the civilization was dying when I embarked, though embarking caused it to rebound, and a new king to be chosen.  So maybe just the fact that apart from a handful of dwarves back home who managed to throw off the shackles of Goblin oppression, my fort is the biggest population of dwarves in the world?  Regardless, I've noticed absolutely no ill effects thus far to the traders constantly leaving their goods behind due to fright of blood precipitation.
I suggest using kilokittens. As cats are 10X the volume of kittens. That way, 50 cats would be .5 kilokittens.

100 cats would be 1 kilokitten.

rhavviepoodle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: it is raining human blood
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2016, 06:01:26 pm »

Usually I find clouds and zombies to be a bigger pain in the butt than evil rain. That being said, however, my most recent evil embark has evil rain that inflicts blisters (on eyes, too) and now the majority of my fort is blind. The purple glumprong tables and sliver-dyed cloth makes it worth it, though 8E
Pages: 1 2 [3]