Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: LCS 3.12 Alpha 7 Windows Download  (Read 5883 times)

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
LCS 3.12 Alpha 7 Windows Download
« on: February 15, 2008, 05:54:00 pm »

http://www.jonathansfox.com/LCS/lcs_win32_312_alpha7.zip

- Various stuff changed. Most of it you probably won't notice.
- Daily food is three times as expensive now. Yeah. Sorry.
- Training is tweaked a little more. Experience growth for both students and trainer has been capped at about 1 level every 10 days. Nonviolent training classes still can get you slapped with heat, I haven't changed that yet.
- Wisq's changes in one of these threads have all been included.
- That annoying blank screen thing and extra keystroke is gone. Good riddance.
- The crash from getting killed while fleeing from cops after stealing a car should be fixed.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: LCS 3.12 Alpha 7 Windows Download
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2008, 06:01:00 pm »

Thanks for working on this project.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2008, 06:54:00 pm »

What's the Various Stuff?
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2008, 08:22:00 pm »

I... don't remember. It all seemed like a good idea at the time.  :(

Little

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2008, 09:10:00 pm »

Programming while drunk?
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2008, 10:36:00 pm »

A couple issues:

Unrepeatable so far, but I gave in to a policeman at some point with my leader, and instant game over.  No trial, just straight to the high score list.

Repeatable:  I made an all B founder (to test above) and went to prison several times.  Every time I came out with my AK-47.

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2008, 10:42:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Toaster:
<STRONG>A couple issues:

Unrepeatable so far, but I gave in to a policeman at some point with my leader, and instant game over.  No trial, just straight to the high score list.

Repeatable:  I made an all B founder (to test above) and went to prison several times.  Every time I came out with my AK-47.</STRONG>

You probably died for lack of medical treatment. What was the method you used to get arrested and keep your AK-47?

Wisq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2008, 10:54:00 pm »

Here's a partial list from briefly skimming a diff between alpha 6 and 7.  A lot of this stuff you'll find out on your own, and it's probably better that way, but for those who really want a changelog, here it is.

• Activity names and descriptions changed, and some are in different places on the menu.
  • When selecting activism or fundraising, a default action is selected based on the Liberal's skill.  Artists will make art, musicians music, etc.
  • Teaching altered; attributes are no longer trained.
  • I haven't looked closely, but it looks like arrow keys are now accepted on some menus, and for moving around in site mode.
  • Abortion issue status messages changed.
  • Squaddies now jump in front of the leader to save him/her.
  • I think the formula for how your actions affect public opinion have changed a fair bit . . . or else they've just been much more extensively documented.  :)  Looks like the Guardian can't also make a negative story positive any more, but they still make it more positive.
  • You no longer assign writers to specific subjects.  Instead, you just need enough writers to cover all the events you took part in (one writer per event).
  • You can now write letters to papers (at any time), with similar effects to writing for the Guardian.  However, it's not as effective as the Guardian, and crappy writers can actually do more harm than good.
  • I think the whole "food costs money" thing was introduced since alpha 6, not just the price increase.
  • Starting positions (abortion, etc.) changed, mostly in the Conservative direction.
  • I think prison sentences were inflated slightly due to a bug -- it acted as though you were always charged with carrying illegal weapons.  You also don't get more prison time for 'loitering'.
  • If a Liberal goes to prison or confesses, their boss gets a small juice loss, but only to a certain minimum.  Being deported is worth 2x that.  For death sentences, the loss is 3x that, and there's no minimum.
  • Special editions of the Guardian now boost the awareness and opinion of the LCS, and their effect on public opinion (e.g. of abortion) are known to come from the LCS (and are modified by what people think of you).
  • Elections and monthly politics look to have a lot of changes and look different.
  • Looks like it's easier to push the big red button at the nuclear station, and it tells you who did it.
  • Many places allow you a lot more freedom in terms of what kinds of disguises you can wear and still fit in.
  • Some changed messages for when people reject your attempt to recruit them by discussing issues.
  • New 'E' option for new game background quiz, and others were changed.

There were lots of changes to map generation, and I can't really decipher those at a glance.  I do know that sweatshops and factories are 100% secure now (disguises needed, front door locked), and most other non-public buildings (including apartments) have everything secured except the lobby / hallway areas.  I don't know if that's new since alpha 6.

I think that's about it.  I might have missed some stuff, but that's as comprehensive as I can do in just a couple hours.  :)

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2008, 11:33:00 pm »

I'm pretty sure you're diffing to some point before alpha 6, actually... in fact, it sounds like you're probably diffing all the way back to december, which was a couple releases ago. But that's still a good rough list of recent changes, some of which are pretty major. Teaching was actually implemented in this time, elections overhauled, activation options and money making overhauled, polling screen very different, significant changes to buildings and site mode.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2008, 11:42:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Jonathan S. Fox:
<STRONG>

You probably died for lack of medical treatment. What was the method you used to get arrested and keep your AK-47?</STRONG>

Ah.  I think I gave in because I was hurt.

Giving up to cops, via "T"alk -> Give up.

Little

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2008, 11:44:00 pm »

What exactly is racketering?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2008, 11:46:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Little:
<STRONG>What exactly is racketering?</STRONG>

IRL:  Racketeering
It has roots in organized crime.

Ingame:  If a subordinate gets arrested and rats you out, his/her superior gets hit with a racketeering charge.  I believe it's a fairly serious charge.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2008, 11:51:00 pm »

Yep, racketeering is not something you want to have on your back. Plus, having people rat you out causes them to testify against you in court, which makes the prosecution much stronger.

In other news, on a whim I've decided to remove criminalization from teachers for now. Yay?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2008, 12:01:00 am »

Minor bug:  Using a sleeper lawyer, when it mentioned his name, it used the wrong name in the defense result.  I'm not sure whose name it was, but it used the same wrong name twice.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2008, 12:06:00 am »

Thanks Toaster, should have both the lawyer and the AK-47 bug fixed.
Pages: [1] 2