Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Corin's Mystery Massacre  (Read 43176 times)

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
Re: Corin's Mystery Massacre
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2010, 01:13:36 am »

I think reviving the thread beats a bunch of one post long threads about the game. That way people can find the rest of the discussion.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2010, 08:52:03 pm »

2007 -> 2008, 2008 -> 2010. Next necro scheduled for 2013, then 2017.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

kenken244

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2010, 04:19:57 pm »

Where can I find this game? I don't see it on the Bay 12 games main site.

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2010, 12:45:07 am »

Where can I find this game? I don't see it on the Bay 12 games main site.

See the Curses Arcade: http://www.bay12games.com/curses/
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04

MicroclineHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2012, 09:06:40 pm »

Ah... Well, it's a year early for the scheduled necropost, but I've been playing through the game and have really been enjoying it. I think I've figured out what everything does, including the "C" function when you've selected one of your crystals. I'm still not sure about how to read what's on the left of the status screen though.

I've gotten to the third sector but was overwhelmed before I could really develop my first little enclave there. I have not hit that DF sweet spot where I can instantly tell what every color means on sight, but the idea that my troops and I are mowing down hordes of demons, serpents, living sand, witches, and lizard men is an awful lot of fun. Cheers!
Cake throne needs cake, badly.

usr_share

• Bay Watcher
  • "For great justice!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2012, 12:24:55 am »

Thanks for the reminder that this board is called "Curses", not "Liberal Crime Squad". :)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2012, 12:43:29 am »

Thanks for the reminder that this board is called "Curses", not "Liberal Crime Squad". :)

Well I'd talk about WW1 medic if I could survive long enough for the game to get interesting.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2012, 02:58:19 am »

Well I'd talk about WW1 medic if I could survive long enough for the game to get interesting.

Ironically, WWI Medic originally belonged in "Other Games", since it's not a Curses game or an ASCII game. Many years ago, Other Games turned into "games by other people", and eventually Toady changed the description of that subforum to accommodate that. While technically that's still the correct place for the game, and programmers in the know may take offense at WWI Medic being discussed here, I would have no problem with it -- Curses is where most of the other old Bay12Games are discussed, so it may as well house WWI Medic too. And the sub-games, if anybody still knows about those.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2012, 03:01:29 am »

Well there would be a problem given that the "Talk about non-curses games" section is gone.

I still remember Armok 1 and the one crossover I am still waiting for in Dwarf Fortress proper... is Organ Teleportation.

MicroclineHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2012, 05:58:08 pm »

I would give quite a bit to have even one of Corin's techno soldiers to watch my back in WW1 Medic.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2012, 07:19:42 pm »

I would give quite a bit to have even one of Corin's techno soldiers to watch my back in WW1 Medic.

You kidding? They would probably shoot you in the back like all the friendly soldiers do anyway.

MicroclineHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2012, 07:31:39 pm »

You kidding? They would probably shoot you in the back like all the friendly soldiers do anyway.

Considering that Corin's troops seem to be limited to short range fire or melee attack, the chances of having one of them shoot me seem rather slim. Also, considering that they have a tendency to auto charge when the enemy is close, as they are in WW1 Medic, it's far more likely to have them in front of you than behind where they'll soak up plenty of damage. Having a Chemo Automaton running around, spraying the equivalent of mustard gas at close range and eating whole salvos of machine gun fire seems quite useful.

Alternatively, if they do shoot me in the back, it's probably my just desserts considering the number of my own fliers I've inadvertently torched with the Flame Weapon.

Huh... Corin's Mystery Massacre Medic would be utterly terrifying.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2012, 01:55:29 pm »

I tried it out too. I have no idea what's going on, but it's kinda cool. I keep getting utterly steamrolled by enemies, though, and placing turrets is too boring. :|

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2012, 02:06:42 pm »

Considering that Corin's troops seem to be limited to short range fire or melee attack, the chances of having one of them shoot me seem rather slim. Also, considering that they have a tendency to auto charge when the enemy is close, as they are in WW1 Medic, it's far more likely to have them in front of you than behind where they'll soak up plenty of damage.

I don't know about this! Even if that reduces the chance of being shot in the back, it sounds even more dangerous! There's far more danger in being out of your trench during a charge than during the lulls in WWI medic, and if the charges are near-perpetual, your wounded won't be in the trench -- they'll all be out in the field, where you can't safely get to them, due to the fact that there's a charge going on!

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2014, 06:58:04 am »

I don't know if it's appropriate to make a topic for this since there's still one here... But this game is rad, I've played it on and off recently. What sucks is the absolute lack of a save/load, I've never gotten very far because of that.

All I know is, always Pick the Lords of Fire. They rule.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian
Pages: 1 [2] 3