Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

This game of Multiworld Madness has grown too large for me to handle. What would you have me do?

Muster up remaining strength and complete the current chapter. Bring the game to a logical close, then reboot it.
- 32 (37.2%)
Same as 1, but a whole new game will be started instead, still Multiworld, but no longer Madness.
- 9 (10.5%)
Get just this last turn done and reboot the game. No point wasting energy if updating takes so long.
- 31 (36%)
Get the last turn done and start a new game project.
- 14 (16.3%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Pages: 1 ... 400 401 [402] 403 404 ... 409

Author Topic: RTD - Multiworld Madness! Final Update: Parts 1 and 2, out of ~4.  (Read 386078 times)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: RTD - Multiworld Madness Turn 179! Aleksandr Kerensky or Chuck Norris?
« Reply #6015 on: December 12, 2010, 11:49:32 am »

how goes it Sean?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #6016 on: December 14, 2010, 06:04:09 am »

Hm yeah, we got pretty stagnant here. I took a break from GMing stuff, because a lot of things piled up on me from elsewhere and I couldn't stand the pressure of responsibility. I'll try to return to the game eventually of course.

Multiworld Madness shall not perish!

But, I'll need some more time. I would like to introduce some changes, but the game has grown far too big to really alter something important. Introducing even more stats isn't going to make anything better, and I can't think of any meaningful gameplay changes that would really improve anything. So, have faith and wait some more. Perhaps I'll think of a good way to get us out of the bog my storytelling has driven us into, and we'll proceed more smoothly once we do.

We really need to cut down the playing cast, for one thing. Many players are going to be missing after this pause, and I very much dislike having more than a pair of GMPCs around. I might even step away from my principles and ensure that this clanner holdup is the last barrier between you and the final showdown. Once we have a change of scenery, I'm sure things will go much better.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #6017 on: December 14, 2010, 05:07:28 pm »

:D
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6018 on: December 15, 2010, 03:19:41 pm »

Multiworld Madness shall not perish!
Suuuure it won't. (just kidding... just convenient timing.)
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6019 on: December 15, 2010, 03:38:05 pm »

Quit in a huff? Technically, that's pretty much what I did, I just kinda dropped the whole thing after painfully grinding to a halt. Except I'm still planning to come back.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6020 on: December 15, 2010, 04:46:25 pm »

Well that's good to hear! I'm happy to wait as long as you need to get this into shape.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #6021 on: December 15, 2010, 11:43:22 pm »

I haven't lost interest, either.
Eh?
Eh!

bertieb

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6022 on: December 25, 2010, 12:54:22 am »

After several nights' worth of reading, concluding with this up-till-5:25AM final session, I must say Sean, my hat is off to you. You've blended comedy with action and suspense excellently. Well done to you and everyone else for sticking with it these past couple of years.

My highlights, that I can remember in my somewhat illness-scrambled state: Dwarf's burial, beautiful. This:

You announce yourself to those in the building: "Behold, I am now Red, the Illusionist!" Among hushed chuckles you hear in response a few remarks about clothing, and Frelock's groaning for help.

Coming right after JK's building his living armour.... thing and Gantolandon blowing the roof of the travern onto themselves had me in hysterics. Pacing has been great too (in your comic drawings as well). I do agree with your decision to hasten the events in this world unfolding.

The only thing on the internet that had me reading so attentively recently was Yahtzee's "ARTICULATE JIM: A SEARCH FOR SOMETHING" (linky for those who don't want to search). So excellent, well-done, top-drawer, хорошо, wonderful all round.

Couple questions - have you explored the 'Multiworlds' setting elsewhere? In prose or in RTD? I thought I saw a hint of a mention a few tens of pages back - 50 posts per page bring the page count to a 'meagre' 121 pages :P - but I could be wrong. Also, where did the RTD rules originate? Top search result credits your good self, if so, I'm even more impressed. They are beautiful in their simplicity. If Apple did RPG rulesets, they'd... probably not let you use them except in pre-approved settings... but they would be beatiful rules, like these.

Anyway, bed time. I have (man) flu and have to be up in a few hours to do Christmassy stuff. Happy holidays to everyone.

(Not-quite-an-edit: I didn't mean to be quite so fawning. Ah what the heck, you deserve praise)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6023 on: December 25, 2010, 01:32:36 am »

Thanks for the admiration! (not that I deserve it lately)

'Multiworlds' haven't been properly explored anywhere yet, except this RTD. I tried a PnP RPG within the universe, but that was a while ago, and I was a terrible GM, so the idea was abruptly dropped. The lack of a concrete system was probably one of the reasons. I've been building and expanding the universe ever since though, partially in hopes of inspiration for a novel or something, partially just to exercise imagination.

And, sadly, I did not invent the rules of RTD, though the specific rendition of them is mine. The basic ruleset included just the die roll results, and the dodge roll if anything happens. I still can't find the rightful source of the rules, but here it was introduced by Rickvoid, a forumite from the Cathedral of Attnam boards. Where he got the rules is anyone's guess, but the site that at least looks like the game's origin is here, mentioning that's it's "an online version of everyone's favorite surrealist RPG". I haven't been able to find an RPG that even resembled RTD in any way, and with no further information on that forum, it may be lost to us.

And yeah, Merry Christmas to everyone! I've made myself a new avatar (with a Yoko-snowgirl in the corner) to celebrate. Closest thing to your Christmas is still a ways away here in Russia.

neo1096

• Bay Watcher
  • It watches and waits...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6024 on: December 25, 2010, 03:05:19 am »

I just felt the need to let everyone know that I also am still present and interested in continuing
What again? Iron scepter - Lovehealing? Oh, I almost shed a tear... Put it in your ass, I'm talking about importans artistic defences!!! You see, yaks and bridge... Stop polishing that scepter! You're disgusting me!"

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6025 on: January 18, 2011, 02:21:18 am »

+1 for great victory, Sean Mirrsen.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #6026 on: January 19, 2011, 09:19:45 am »

dude i could not belive my mind when i saw read kashyyk got broken in two like 3 times shattered his leg like 2 times in mecha incidents and the armor takeover i just wanted to say this was awesome/badass/dwarf fortress/insert own version.
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6027 on: January 19, 2011, 11:39:06 am »

Yes, Sean has done incredibly. Juggling not only the need for quick updates, good updates, but also having to deal with the insane attempts by all the players. And I am very happy that my whim to become an iron golem succeeded. o.O

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #6028 on: January 19, 2011, 12:31:39 pm »

yea that was crazy i almost thought ´´wtf am i actually reading this some pages later i was laughing as hell elfzilla...epic``
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6029 on: January 19, 2011, 02:22:26 pm »

Ahra, I'm afraid none of your sentences make sense, from either a grammar, punctuation, syntax, or plain coherence standpoint.

Good news everyone! I've finally decided to get back to GMing things. I have a fairly good guess as to what's bogging down my game (overcomplication), so I'm going to sort through your characters and revise any extraneous bits. I've had a great idea for a stats system, but in the end decided against implementing it, because everything is plenty confusing as it is. On a related note, I'll change the presentation of your stats. Since I host everything on Dropbox anyway, I'll play around with the idea of hosting individual player stats as individual text files, that I will simply link to. This way I'll be able to a) Fit everything into one post, and b) Keep all stats I need open before my eyes without having to scroll around the spreadsheet. There are drawbacks, like lack of a proper version-keeping method (sequential file naming notwithstanding), and lack of a good way to keep stuff hidden from you (it was in extra columns that I didn't copy), but I think it'll work. Of course, this way I won't be able to properly update the game from my phone, but then again there's no proper Dropbox app for it anyway, so it'll be reserved for extreme occasions.

The next (well, current) turn will be forthcoming... around tomorrow. I have only sporadic internet at work now, but if all goes well it should be enough.

All active players/forumgoers reporting here would be a welcome sight. We can use a headcount, I need to know how many people to kill in the following week. :P

Pages: 1 ... 400 401 [402] 403 404 ... 409