Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

This game of Multiworld Madness has grown too large for me to handle. What would you have me do?

Muster up remaining strength and complete the current chapter. Bring the game to a logical close, then reboot it.
- 32 (37.2%)
Same as 1, but a whole new game will be started instead, still Multiworld, but no longer Madness.
- 9 (10.5%)
Get just this last turn done and reboot the game. No point wasting energy if updating takes so long.
- 31 (36%)
Get the last turn done and start a new game project.
- 14 (16.3%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Pages: 1 ... 405 406 [407] 408 409

Author Topic: RTD - Multiworld Madness! Final Update: Parts 1 and 2, out of ~4.  (Read 382461 times)

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
Re: RTD - Multiworld Madness! Important information for Turn 181.
« Reply #6090 on: April 16, 2011, 08:04:42 am »

updates?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #6091 on: April 16, 2011, 11:06:09 am »

Sure. 18 kilobytes and six A4 pages of pencil sketches. I'm currently on JK's training, so after that it's just Qwerty and LASD's second assembly stage and the final paragraph when the transport approaches. I guess I won't be able to break the post size limit with just the action text after all. :)
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6092 on: April 16, 2011, 11:10:33 am »

I can tell this will be worth the wait. :D

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6093 on: May 03, 2011, 08:42:17 pm »

live!
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6094 on: May 04, 2011, 01:31:17 pm »

live!
I concur.

However, as I still do not have a completed turn to present (damn it Life, stop making yourself so hard for me!), I am at an impasse.

But, I can provide a temporary respite (I should've resorted to that long ago, tbh). I'll just post a few pictures I made to keep visitors entertained, and keep working on the turn at whatever pace my mental state allows.

Of the following four images, one is a major spoiler for next turn, one is a minor spoiler for next turn, one is not a spoiler, and one is partially unrelated to the story. Have fun guessing which is which.
Spoiler: 1 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 2 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 3 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 4 (click to show/hide)

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6095 on: May 04, 2011, 02:57:21 pm »

Hmm, such strange devices.  These heal wounds?
All generalizations are false....including this one.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6096 on: May 04, 2011, 05:20:49 pm »

Oh shit, the Tau are gonna attack!

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6097 on: June 12, 2011, 12:09:56 pm »

So, I suspect it's becoming annoyingly apparent that the next turn, while still slated to eventually appear, might in fact turn out to be the last for this particular iteration of Multiworld Madness. As much as I like this game and the current cast of characters, too many things have gone wrong. This was my first game project, after all. I've made some fairly awful decisions from the get-go, started this whole thing without a concrete plan, and allowed everything to grow out of proportion way too quickly for the kind of scale this setting operates with. It's really become way too large for me to handle. I keep trying to return to it, but its sheer massive size keeps intimidating me to the point of making all my attempts at concentrating useless.

The general state of my life doesn't help either, but as it is I'm having enough free time that I should've gotten something done... yet I haven't. I really can offer no explanation for this. I won't admit to myself that I'm bored or tired of this game - I really am not. I still want to see you people duking it out with Battlemechs on this world, and finally encountering the strands of the overarching plotline in the next. Above all I wanted to tell you people this little story, but I guess "the first pancake comes out wrong", to paraphrase the famous russian saying.

So, I would like to know the opinion of everyone - everyone involved. Players, people on the waiting list, random readers. What would you have me do? The options boil down to these.

1. Muster up all that's left anywhere and try to complete at least this chapter. Bring the game to a logical close before dropping it at least, if continuing is no longer an option. Then go with either 2 or 3.

2. Get the last turn done and start the game anew. Same setting, different worlds and rules. Basically restart RTDMM from scratch, hopefully without stepping on the same rakes in the grass - like starting with ten players. What was I thinking?!!

3. Get the last turn done and begin a new game. New setting, new storyline. Only the premise - traveling through multiple universes - will remain.

For either the reboot or the refranchise, all players currently active will get to keep their places as active players if they so desire. All active players involved in the Multiworld Menace project will also be re-included, as will all people currently on the waiting list.

Whatever the outcome, this last turn will still be a thing to behold. At least after this long, it better be. I'll do my best to make it a Turn to End All Turns.

This is Controller Sean "Jaguar" Mirrsen, demoted to Accomplished RTD Game Master, signing out.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 12:23:38 pm by Sean Mirrsen »

choobakka

• Bay Watcher
  • The same thing we do every night, Pinky...
    • View Profile

Would people not currently playing or on the waiting list be able to join?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

People not currently playing will be able to join only if there aren't enough people currently playing to fill the playing cast of the new game - considering I won't be starting with more than 5 or 6 players, this is unlikely. The priority for joining the active game is Active Players->Waiting List->Other People. Joining the waiting list is always possible.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

do 1 then 2 will you be taking suggestions for worlds if you do so?

choobakka

• Bay Watcher
  • The same thing we do every night, Pinky...
    • View Profile

Yeah, because even if I'm not in, I'd like to suggest WWII France, some superhero setting, and Tamriel from TES.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I would personally suggest either Pretty city and new smoke from the uglies books or Panem from the hunger. Just to see how our interpid heros handel Orewellian socites.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

do 1 then 2 will you be taking suggestions for worlds if you do so?
Not really, but I might get interested in a suggestion if it's, well, interesting enough. :P I need to actually know the worlds I'm using, at least enough to throw in appropriate references and people, so I'll mostly be choosing from stuff I've played, read, or watched myself. If it's a particularly interesting piece of material you want to suggest, I might take time to acquaint myself with it.

The Reboot - Madness - will focus mostly on existing universes, with minimum alterations. The Refranchise, which I currently call Multiworld Menagerie, will be working with various "mutant" universes, such a Zerg rush at Helm's Deep, for instance.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why not do both, have some universes be the same as they were while ohters are mutated, could make for a Fun and fun game.
Pages: 1 ... 405 406 [407] 408 409