Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The New Liberal Crime Squad  (Read 5012 times)

spelguru

Re: The New Liberal Crime Squad
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2003, 04:21:00 pm »

Either you won't say what the mith shirt does for some odd reason... or my version has been corrupted by the Lord of the Rings virus!

Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • From a time before a time before time
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2003, 08:43:00 pm »

I would really like it if you improved the equipment screen and added a wait option to the game.  For the equipment screen I'd like to see something like this:
A- Security Unif. x6     B- Trench coat x3
C- Pair of buckshot x23  etc. etc.

The wait option needs to be added so that when youre in combat with some conservatives you can elect not to fight the first round so taht all the moderates and liberals can run away and not be alienated.

What effects to missing limb/ teeth have now?

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2003, 09:38:00 pm »

Missing limbs kind of sadly don't do much...  in the orignal LCS, it was just to add color, and I didn't do anything with it, as an example of a glaring oversight.

Missing facial features, including teeth, are summed up whenever you receive one.  It uses them to create a cap on your charisma.  So if you've been mutilated badly, perhaps your charisma will be capped at 3.  Even it was 7, it will be reduced to 3.  Damage to internal organs can permanently damage your health attribute.

I agree on waiting.  I've had that problem myself.  I also like the equipment idea.

Hmmm...  which begs the question, when another LCS?  I should also do Armok, and I'm going to be working on other curses games as a matter of sanity preservation.  I reserve the right to do what I want most of the time, but what sort of priorities would people like me to set?

The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Demon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2003, 09:53:00 pm »

I play more LCS than all of the other games put together lately, so I'm all for LCS!    :D

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2003, 10:19:00 pm »

I guess LCS is the only one that is replayable right now.

Have you written something of your own yet?  It's not like you need to spend time on school work or anything.

Demon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2003, 11:23:00 pm »

Nope...  Not yet.  I'm still thinking over what I want to make.  And I'm a completely self taught programmer who hasnt ever used C++ before, so my progress will probably be slow.  I'm kinda torn right now between a space fighter skirmish game and a shadowrun game (which is a futuristic RPG where the characters are sort of like mercenary spies)

How long have you spent on LCS to date do you think?

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2003, 12:47:00 am »

Lessee...  LCS 1 was very intense over 4 days.  Maybe 25-30 hours.  LCS 2 was way more relaxed over 2 weeks...  maybe...  10-15 hours?  Not as much as the first one, in any case.  This counts all of the annoying bug chasing and stuff...  that takes a lot of the time.  Just stupid bugs.  LCS is up to 20000 lines, although some of that is just text lists (the names, wound sentences, etc.).  Text games can build up pretty impressive sounding line number counts in no time, but lots of it is fluff.

You'll probably be able to do both projects eventually.  Just flip a coin if you have no preference...  you'll never be able to do all the stuff you think of.  Programming takes way more out of a person than planning.  Planning is easy and fun.  Programming sucks.  At least from my perspective...  I've started thinking new ideas deserve less credit than actually sitting down and slogging through the coding, although anybody who breaks out of the War Craft/Doom mindset deserves like, cupcakes and stuff.

Feel free to ask questions about any of the BCoS stuff.  And if you can think of a better way to implement stuff, you're probably right.  It's sloppy.

spelguru

« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2003, 04:11:00 am »

In august I will begin to study program code as well, so then you all have some weird and twisted games from me to expect as well  :D

Elven_ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/chabrik/
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2003, 12:29:00 pm »

LCS2 rules  :))).
I didn't have any problems while playing, everything was OK. Carry on  :).

spelguru

« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2003, 02:11:00 am »

I noticed the double P problem in the school... Also, is there a way to stop the cops from raiding your base? I have lost 5 squads to that. Even when I try using various money and volunteer cheats they still wipe me out...

spelguru

« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2003, 05:04:00 am »

"as Croisan reloads the shotgun, Brutus bashes the door down and they both run into the room. Then they are faced with the worst nightmare of nightmares... A ANGRY RAGING HORDE OF CORPORATE MANAGERS!!!"
Pages: 1 [2]