Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: cleaning mud  (Read 1698 times)

Mustachio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
cleaning mud
« on: September 01, 2008, 10:53:33 am »

i know you need mud to farm sometimes, but other times its irritating. My suggestion is that dwarves clean mud only off of smoothed/engraved stone and constructed floors.

Skizelo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: cleaning mud
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 11:12:04 am »

Perhaps a "clean" designation?

Mustachio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2008, 11:22:05 am »

that sounds like it would work, but it somehow sounds strange to have a designation solely to remove mud.

Lazureus

• Bay Watcher
  • Perfection is Flawed
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2008, 11:34:19 am »

that sounds like it would work, but it somehow sounds strange to have a designation solely to remove mud.

Well is most likely would also clean blood,vomit and gore off of your floors and walls too.
Current modding project:Tyranids 2010
Past modding projects:
DF2010: Crematorium
40d: ‼TYRANIDS‼
Quote from: Dark Pegasus
Just when I thought I couldn't despise him any more... He finds a whole new and undiscovered way!!

Othob Rithol

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Dark Snathi, Rain & Tom Bombadil
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2008, 02:24:08 pm »

This has my most avid support, as long as it includes removing mud, not just from floors, but from objects. My lovely Tower Cap Forest is not lovely, it's muddy.

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2008, 02:28:47 pm »

Hello!

Although I have been staying away from water since surface farming got nice, I like this idea.

And I do not find anything odd about having a designation telling the dwarves to clean a certain area.

"I want this entrance area shining and polished ASAP!" does sound like a reasonable command.

The idea of adding other things like blood and vomit also seems reasonable, although vomit may cause problems if your cleaning staff for the entrance area suffers from cave adaptation themselves ...

Deathworks

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2008, 03:59:10 pm »

The Clean-designition could even be extended to Objects like that spidersilk-socks i got from the goblins in the last siege.
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2008, 11:12:53 pm »

This has my most avid support, as long as it includes removing mud, not just from floors, but from objects. My lovely Tower Cap Forest is not lovely, it's muddy.
I've never seen a forest that didn't have mud or dirt.

A clean designation would be a good idea, though. There are some places which you just don't give a damn if they're dirty, and there are some which I want spotless, like meeting rooms and anything with an engraving.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Skizelo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2008, 11:30:04 pm »

So... it would be higher priority that the automatic cleaning, it could target mud, which isn't otherwise considered dirt, and it would extend to items which get coated in sullies.
I think the item clean would have to wait - it's been on the list as long as sullies themselves, something must be in the way.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2008, 11:36:37 pm »

Yeah, everything is in the way. The list of things to add is horrifyingly huge!
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Hyndis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2008, 12:09:15 am »

A cleaning designation would be awesome. I hate having to wait for the season change to be rid of the massive sea of blood and vomit after my champion axedwarves have a sparring sessions with the goblins.

Great Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes metal for its screaming guitars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2008, 06:01:10 pm »

I completely support this. After a small miscalculation several masterwork engravings in my Royal Throne Room got a little water on them from the artificial waterfall I installed. I'd really, really like for them to stop being "Muddy Detailed Marble". :(

Better yet, mud ought to dry up by itself after a while, similar to how water does. It really doesn't make sense for a well ventilated room to stay muddy for years on end. Muddy brooks should clear up after some time as well.

catpaw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2008, 03:16:35 am »

PLease vote for the cleaning designation in the masterlist then. It so far has only 1 vote.

Neoskel

• Bay Watcher
  • Read or the owl will eat you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2008, 06:52:30 am »

I'd like the same thing for snow too.  :D
Urist Mcsurvivalist has been accosted by edible vermin lately.

Goblins: The fourth iron ore.