Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: newb here. question about resolutions in DF  (Read 792 times)

Zulithe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
newb here. question about resolutions in DF
« on: September 01, 2008, 02:11:31 pm »

Hi All. I recently discovered this game, and I totally am enjoying it so far.

The custom graphics people have made make it a lot easier to follow what's going on on screen for us newbies, plus overall just looking nice. So thanks for all your hard work people!

My main question is this. My laptop is a 15 incher with a max resolution of 1024x768 (drivers won't let me set it any higher). This is of course a problem when most of the good tilesets are 16x16 and DF won't let me create a horizontal grid below 80.

What I want to know is, am I pretty much stuck using 12x12 graphics or under? Is there any way to use the larger ones? Is it even possible to drop the horizontal grid below 80? It seems like it should still play at smaller than that, if one wanted to.

Thanks!

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
Re: newb here. question about resolutions in DF
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 02:24:05 pm »

Hi All. I recently discovered this game, and I totally am enjoying it so far.

The custom graphics people have made make it a lot easier to follow what's going on on screen for us newbies, plus overall just looking nice. So thanks for all your hard work people!

My main question is this. My laptop is a 15 incher with a max resolution of 1024x768 (drivers won't let me set it any higher). This is of course a problem when most of the good tilesets are 16x16 and DF won't let me create a horizontal grid below 80.

What I want to know is, am I pretty much stuck using 12x12 graphics or under? Is there any way to use the larger ones? Is it even possible to drop the horizontal grid below 80? It seems like it should still play at smaller than that, if one wanted to.

Thanks!
Nope, with that low of a resolution, you're stuck at 12x12 until Toady makes smaller grid sizes possible.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: newb here. question about resolutions in DF
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2008, 04:16:06 pm »

It seems that you could use the larger tiles. One person uses a 128x128 tileset with a 16x16 graphics set. I would assume that you could use other sizes, as well.

Reference:
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=22302.msg242085#msg242085