Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Bay 12 Games Report, September 1st, 2008  (Read 10035 times)

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
The Bay 12 Games Report, September 1st, 2008
« on: September 01, 2008, 05:39:32 pm »

The Bay 12 Games Report, September 1st, 2008

Mission Status (ThreeToe):

The adventurer, leveling up before the final battle, sent kobold after kobold by the grace of your contributions, fights for right and truth, growing stronger and more experienced after every kill.  Soon he will strike out to make a true, novel stride into the future.  A boat with neglected rigging will not sail, but with the wind of your support in the air, and all the stitches true, the ship will soon rocket into sunnier climes, with adventure on the horizon.

Programming Schedule (Toady One):

In September there are eight weekend days.   This means I'll be doing Dwarf Fortress from the 1st through the 22nd and the month-end project from the 23rd to the 30th.

I was mostly focusing on smaller changes last month, so I'd like to get back to the Future of the Fortress list this time around.  We're leaning toward a balance between (1) military restructuring and (2) wholesome caves and other underground changes, but I might have to dip back into some of the other items first, because the elements related to randomization on the list might figure into getting the underground working properly.

I also received a computer from an anonymous contributor (I'm not sure if the anonymous contributor is anonymous or not, as I haven't yet asked, he he he), and I've managed to get two partitions booting up on it -- one for Windows XP and one for Ubuntu Linux.  I've also received a Linux port of Kobold Quest from somebody (who will be credited when I figure out what attribution this person would like).  There should be some movement there at some point this month, and I'll set aside time for that as I trickle over from one computer to the other.

Fun with Numbers:

Still going strong!  Thanks to everybody that helped out this month.

August:    $3101.50
July:      $5543.99
June:      $1531.09
May:       $1943.71
April:     $3757.64
March:     $1749.50
February:  $2844.93
January:   $1697.73

Releases:

• Slaves to Armok: God of Blood, Chapter II: Dwarf Fortress (alpha, Windows/Mac)
  • Liberal Crime Squad
  • WWI Medic
  • Kobold Quest (Windows/Mac)
  • Squiggles
  • Corin's Mystery Massacre
  • Kosovo Karnage
  • Genealogy Poker
  • Star Zoo
  • Primordial Souper Star
  • Mutant Lab Escape: Wog to Freedom
  • Blood Cave of Satan
  • Brown 2: Ready on the Firing Line
  • Asteroid Bowels Raider
  • Sub Games (5)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 06:46:28 pm by Toady One »
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!