Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Dathaecamo: Community game redefined?  (Read 33799 times)

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dathaecamo: Community game redefined?
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2008, 07:32:20 am »

Hey, look!  A third person! 
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2008, 08:18:25 am »

I'm thinking of jumping in and providing some updates on this too, but not sure how busy I'll be over the weekend so was keeping quiet!

Think we should definately set something up on the wiki to get things moving. As soon as I can get started I'll let you know
All right! Anyway I'll probably start posting my story here at least over the weekend, I feel that my begginning is still a little weak. To any others that are interested in joining, come! It doesn't matter if you won't beable to play much at first but say something!

iluogo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2008, 09:04:10 am »

This looks like fun so I'll join in. Do you care if give only limited updates because i don't have much talent for the roleplaying stuff

mrchinchin25

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2008, 10:12:42 am »

This looks like fun so I'll join in. Do you care if give only limited updates because i don't have much talent for the roleplaying stuff

I was going to be doing the same to be honest, I prefer to give my news of death and tantrums in a sombre news-reader style tone...

eg. http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=19613.msg205414#msg205414

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2008, 05:51:41 pm »

I'd say that's perfectly fine.  If you can post maps on the DFMA now and then to let us know what your forts look like though, that'd be pretty cool. 
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2008, 06:11:34 pm »

Lol I'm torn between finishing the beggining of my story/ posting it and continueing the game. Anyway good to see we still have more people coming in.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2008, 07:06:33 pm »

I'm setting up a wiki page for the fort.  The main page will be at http://www.dwarffortresswiki.net/index.php/Dathaecamo but you'll want to make a wiki page for your own incarnation of the area.  I'm going to make mine Dathaecamo(Bluerobin427) if you want an example to follow, but it really doesn't matter much.  If anyone want help figuring out the wiki, just ask.  Also, if the wiki idea doesn't catch on, I won't be offended  ;D  I just thought there was some interest and figured I'd set it up since I have some time!

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2008, 03:18:11 am »

I *may* join this, looks interesting.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2008, 09:46:17 am »

Hmmm I'm still debating whether to just make furiture out of iron or go ahead and use steel after I outfit my army.

mrchinchin25

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2008, 10:15:16 am »

I've just begun now... I'll get a year underway then start updating whats going on.

Pesky fire imps killed my hunter already, so my miner and woodcutter went on a genocide mission and slaughtered the rest.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2008, 11:06:46 am »

I've just begun now... I'll get a year underway then start updating whats going on.

Pesky fire imps killed my hunter already, so my miner and woodcutter went on a genocide mission and slaughtered the rest.
Heheh I'm accually surprised that my main guy isn't named yet, he's killed 3 fire imps and a goblin(snatcher?).

mrchinchin25

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2008, 12:25:21 pm »

Ok my first year is complete, you can see a summary here -
http://www.dwarffortresswiki.net/index.php/Dathaecamo(mrchinchin25)

I've been editing the wiki a little but bare with me.. I'm a noob when it comes to Wikipedia stuff!

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2008, 02:54:35 pm »

Looks great so far.  I've got my second year finished just now, so I'll upload the map.  I'll do a bit of story for it as well, but we'll see when that happens.  At least I'll have some pictures this time.

mrchinchin25

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2008, 11:58:28 am »

Just finished year2, not much to report other than a few kobold thieves that were put down...

oh and a sasquatch killed our hunter so we had to exterminate it!

http://www.dwarffortresswiki.net/index.php/Dathaecamo(mrchinchin25)

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2008, 03:17:29 pm »

Be careful, apparently theres two human civs here and one sends ambushes to you.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6