Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Dathaecamo: Community game redefined?  (Read 33724 times)

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dathaecamo: Community game redefined?
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2008, 09:20:15 pm »

Well i finaly figured out the wiki page though I'm not particularly happy with the way it had the page setup vs the way it was in word. Like the first part of the prelude is suppose to be like
                  For the legends of Dathaecamo
                The story of the fort Zanegshelret
             I am Imush Taronsolon, this is my story
But anyway...
So how do you do that map thing?

mrchinchin25

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2008, 03:44:18 am »

I shamelessly stole Bluerobin427s code - just dump this at the top -

Code: [Select]
{| class="infobox" style="float: right; border: 1px solid #aaa; margin: 0 0 0.5em 0.5em; border-spacing: 0; width: 17em"
! style="border-top: 1px solid #aaa; border-bottom: 1px solid #aaa; background: #eee; padding: 0.1em 0.25em" | Maps
|-
|
*[http://mkv25.net/dfma/map-3521-shieldrisen After 1 Year]
*[http://mkv25.net/dfma/map-3522-shieldrisen After 2 Years]
|}

The code to link to your maps is -
Code: [Select]
[URL Text To Display]
ie.[http://mkv25.net/dfma/map-3521-shieldrisen After 1 Year]

Do you know how to upload maps to http://mkv25.net/dfma? Its actually very easy to do, this link here explains it -
http://mkv25.net/dfma/

EDIT- to make it slightly clearer
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 09:10:47 am by mrchinchin25 »

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2008, 09:05:04 am »

I think you can make the header do what you want if you put [nowiki][/nowiki] tags around it, although you may need to figure out how to center text too.  And feel free to steal the map box code... it took me too long to figure out and you shouldn't have to dig through what I did.

Edit: apparently the wiki's ok with some HTML tags...  I did your header like you said, you can keep it if it's right or change it if it's not :D
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 09:12:40 am by Bluerobin427 »
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

mrchinchin25

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2008, 09:14:19 am »

As its a wiki we (ie. anyone) can always help with editing/formatting things too if you want, I might give it a go later on?

At the moment just trying to get some spare time to blitz through another couple of years - looking forward to see who gets their first siege, although I think I've lost a dwarf the quickest (damn fire imps!)

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2008, 07:18:20 pm »

Ah thanks robin, do yopu think you can get the paragraphs to indent correctly for me and get the dates from
21st Granite Work is going slow but
to
21st Granite
Work is going slow but
?
If someone does that then I can figure out how to do it on my own when I add more later. Oh and I'll be uploading the map soon.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2008, 12:00:56 am »

Hmm for some reason the wiki doesn't like just hitting enter to move things to a new line.  Apparently it either needs you to hit enter twice (which gives a little space between the lines, like your season headings) or it wants a line break tag (I used the
 html tag)  I only did the first year because I'm really tired and need to go to bed, but just stick it after your dates and it should work fine.  I feel like that's the least elegant way to do it, but... meh.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2008, 08:25:27 am »

Hmm for some reason the wiki doesn't like just hitting enter to move things to a new line.  Apparently it either needs you to hit enter twice (which gives a little space between the lines, like your season headings) or it wants a line break tag (I used the
 html tag)  I only did the first year because I'm really tired and need to go to bed, but just stick it after your dates and it should work fine.  I feel like that's the least elegant way to do it, but... meh.
Ok thanks I'll do the editting later and add pictures at the same time.

mrchinchin25

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2008, 04:26:59 pm »

Managed to get through year 3 only losing 2 dwarves, pesky goblin ambush!

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2008, 07:46:43 pm »

Sorry for my lack of updating, but labwork is dominating my week.  I should be able to get a year or two done this weekend though.  Glad to see this is still going.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2008, 10:23:05 pm »

Halfway through 4th year, accepting immigrants again and I just got a immigrant wave so we'll see how that works out. I'm also digging a pitting shaft since I've never done any pitting stuff yet, should be fun.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2008, 07:30:02 pm »

Holy shit first siege eva! I didn't even relize I had that high of pop yet, once everythings said and done I'll let you guys know immediatly how everything turned out.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2008, 08:10:44 pm »

11th Moonstone
While over seeing the pitting of goblin prisoners the squad stationed in the pit room saw a large force of goblins appear to the north of us, we are besieged! Unfortunately I don’t believe the bridge at the tower is hooked up yet but the siege doesn’t look so big. I guess now we know why there hasn’t been much goblin activity lately.

12th Moonstone
The head count of the siege force has been completed.
16 Goblins total
11 Goblin wrestlers, one on a bleak dog
5 Goblin swordsmen

16th Moonstone
   I walked up the stairs to the partially built tower where Catten’s squad, The Murky Busts, was waiting to rain death upon the goblin force.
   “Do you think we’ll hold?” I asked bluntly.
   “Aye. They don’t have any archers so between our shooting and the traps we shouldn’t have to big of a problem as long as no one goes charging them unless they’re in the base.” He clapped a hand on my shoulder. “Just think of it as one of those times when we had the series of ambushes.” I nodded stone-faced, knowing this trail could possibly be the most important battle for the fort.

18th Moostone
   “Open fire!” Catten commanded and four crossbows fired with deadly precision at the invading forces. I watched, horrifyingly fascinated, as goblins began sprouting bolts from arms and shoulders, one taking a two bolts to the chest. Soon five goblins lay dead on the field and the rest were in retreat. Only a few of the fleeing goblins had wounds, mostly arm or hand wounds where bolts had hit, but one lagged behind with a bolt in its leg.
   “Get the Violet Smiths out there.” I shouted, the other marksdwarf squad headed by Iden. I watched as the Smiths closed in on that last goblin and saw Olin fire two bolts finishing off the straggler. The fort shook with the cheers of the dwarves, they had survived, and without any injuries! “All forward!” I shouted and most of the fort poured out to congratulate the military and clean up the siege. Out of 16 goblins ten got away but considering how well we handled it we were ecstatic.

3rd Opal
The clean up is done and we have partied well into the night and through most of the next day celebrating our victory. Soon we’ll have more bone bolts to train Iden’s squad and we’ll begin training the melee squads soon as well.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2008, 10:57:22 am »

Nice.  This weekend I should have lots of time to dump into an update.  I have stuff from my second year that I haven't posted yet and I don't know how much I remember of what happened, but I'll cobble something together.  Then between DF and Spore it'll be Monday again...

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2008, 06:10:38 pm »

Weeee I caught myself a titan!

Apparently she has been worshiped by dwarves, humans, and elves, she fought with the elf queen but neither were injured, and has around 30 kills. I wonder what I should do with her. I'll probably drop her down the execution shaft but savescum when I'm done and put her in the zoo. Heheh my first megabeast!

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2008, 01:38:10 am »

Well just got the baron and his groupees, damn. Interesting how this fort I've been getting alot of first time experiences. Anyway I'll put up my fourth year sometime tommarrow along with the maps.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6