Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Dathaecamo: Community game redefined?  (Read 33685 times)

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dathaecamo: Community game redefined?
« Reply #75 on: September 27, 2008, 08:40:37 pm »

Apparently at a framerate between 20 and 30 it takes about 10 and a half hours to play a year and a half.  Finished my years 4 and 5, updates should be up tonight or tomorrow.  Nothing really huge.  I had a siege in year 4 and two ambush groups in year 5, but most of the siege ran away after 4 gobbo deaths, so no big news.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

mrchinchin25

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 30, 2008, 03:46:36 am »

yeah I'm still working through year 5, think I'm about half way through the year. Nothing too major is happening. I usually get an FPS of about 50 or so, but thats because I tend to butcher/eat all the young animals other than dogs and cage up the rest so they are not wandering around.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 30, 2008, 05:04:07 pm »

Yeah I keep my animals mostly caged, I think it's mainly because I'm playing on my laptop which can handle the game, but isn't awesome for high FPS.  On a related note, my desktop died I think, so I'll be getting a new computer soonish.  Yay... except for the fact that it'll take a chunk out of my wallet.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 30, 2008, 08:25:23 pm »

Not playing much, found another game called Alantica Online thats really fun.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]