Other Projects > Curses

Game mechanics

(1/7) > >>

Demon:
Any chance you'll tell us the spoily game mechanics?  I'm mostly just curious to see how attributes and skills interact.I think in the old game it was something like this:  attribute + skill + 1d10
Is that still the case?  Can more than one attribute or skill influence something?  Does not having a skill have an effect, or just make it roll the attribute + 1d10?[ February 22, 2004: Message edited by: Demon ]

Toady One:
I don't mind spoiling mechanics as long as people can avoid it if they want to.More than one skill/att can influence things -- it's all handled on a case by case basis.  Most of the rules looks like att1+att2+skill*3.  Not having skills usually isn't a barrier to doing things, although if you don't have enough computer skill you can't hack as a disobedient act.  There might be other places.  Were there things you were curious about?

Demon:
How much computer makes you a hacker and how much money needs to be spent to hack?How are all the weapons different (9mm vs .45 vs swords)?

Toady One:
The hacking was kind of off the top of my head.  As Threetoe noted, it is kind of unbalancing:Need CompSkill>=2, CompSkill+Int>=7IfHackSkill=CompSkill+Int, over all hacker
Money=Money Spent over all hackersThenif 0-9999 < Money + HackSkill*20
then major event (corp files)
if 0-999 < Money + HackSkill*20
then ccfraud/denial service
ccfraud can make you $1000-$2000
Any illegal act has a tracking chance
that is rolled against your hack skill
if you fail, cops will raid in timeWeapons:You have 100 blood points, and there are also the special wounds. (Str) means
+Strength-5.  Numbers are blood points taken away. B causes bleeding, D damages armor, V can sever if high damage and hits limbs.  People die immediately only if hit in head or body.Punch 1-5 (Str)
Crowbar 10-90 (Str)
Maul/BBBat 10-110 (Str)
Pitchfork 5-55 (BD,Str)
Torch 1-10 (D,Str)
Knife 1-10 (BD,Str)
Syringe 1-5 (Str)
22 10-150 (BDV)
44 10-310 (BDV)
9MM 10-210 (BDV)
45 10-210 (BDV)
M16 10-310 (BDV)
AK47 10-310 (BDV)
Shotgun 10-310 (BDV)
Axe 10-110 (BDV,Str)
Misc.Bludge 5-35 (Str)
Gavel 5-25 (Str)Damage is modified by -1 point by most clothing.Any suggestions are more than welcome...

Demon:
Juice seems to be a little shady...  How is it currently increased?  How many levels are there (I'm up to urban commando)?  I know for that your court actions (defent self or using a sleeper) dont give you any, but I think they should.  Instead of just hanging out, could there be a training system of some sort?  If you want to spend money at a shooting range you should be able to practice firearms.  I dont think anyone in my group ever got a computer increase, but I might be wrong.  I think you should be able to train drive, computer, fighting skills, and maybe security and persuasion.Is there any way to get rid of the huge piles of 2nd 3rd and 4th rate garments I made?  I think you might have a bug sorting the garments too: get a big pile of various garments of various qualities and start giving a squadie ammo or something.  The list of equipment will constantly re-sort itself, like its not doing it right the first time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version