Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: LCS 3.12 Alpha 8 Windows Download  (Read 9074 times)

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
LCS 3.12 Alpha 8 Windows Download
« on: February 17, 2008, 02:39:00 pm »

http://www.jonathansfox.com/LCS/lcs_win32_312_alpha8.zip

Not too many changes, as it's been, um, two days since the last release, but I wanted to make another one so you could play with the new toys.

Namely:

- Guitars
- Spraypaint
- City Park

Sithlordz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LCS 3.12 Alpha 8 Windows Download
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2008, 03:09:00 pm »

This sounds incredibly epic.  Do guitars give bonuses to people who do the legal music fundrasing?

Edit: Oh. My. God. You can SING at people? That's awesome!
Maybe in a later version, you could also make it so we can bash people with a guitar. That would also be fun.

What the frick? I killed someone with spraypaint?
[ February 17, 2008: Message edited by: Sithlordz ]

You are sentenced to 2477 consecutive life terms.  Have a nice day.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2008, 05:28:00 pm »

just noticed this: in "insight into the revolution" in the answer "my stepmom shot her ex-husband, my dad, with a shotgun", I'm pretty sure it should say just mom. seeing how stepmom is his new wife after the divorce in "when I turned 10". And the general awkwardness of calling someone a stepmother after you father has divorced her.

bug: I just converted 2 conservatives into liberals through music. it's pretty useless, as no juice is awarded. however one I did that I noticed my guy had 24 in music- his cap, I guess. so the bug is that the skill gains are insane.
update: I was unable to reproduce this bug with another liberal. skill gains seem to be on the levels usual to weapon skills. continuing testing.

[ February 17, 2008: Message edited by: a1s ]

I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Sithlordz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2008, 05:48:00 pm »

Odd. I used the guitar and converted a fair few people, and my music skill has stayed at 5. What the hell use is the guitar anyway? Could you make judges or anchors liberal and have them influence public society?

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2008, 07:07:00 pm »

I've revised it so that converted people no longer run away instantly. Instead, they stay in battle and fight with you against any other Conservatives there. After the battle, they'll hang around, and you can talk to them and ask them out or talk issues with them.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2008, 07:18:00 pm »

bug: just been to the 1st garmet maker- their door was unlocked. and it is repeatable. the second one is locked (and secured) as it should be.
update on the music bug: current theory is that the first liberal to do a musical conversion gets mad skillz. testing is still ongoing.

I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2008, 07:25:00 pm »

I think I've fixed the bug with unpredictable skill gains from rocking out on the guitar. Not sure about the door being unlocked on the sweatshop -- I don't get that with mine. I'll take a look at the code.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2008, 07:33:00 pm »

started a new game. the sweatshop is normal again (locked that is).

how do I force a regegration of the site map (I just trashed half og that GM and killed a few people,  and it still won't go into "too hot", nor "high security" by the way).

Sithlordz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2008, 07:33:00 pm »

Guitar-wielding hippie squad in replacement of our shotgun-toting loonies of old?
:D

Vengeful Donut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2008, 02:05:00 am »

Could the map be altered to show areas that are already tagged by the LCS?

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2008, 02:16:00 am »

It wouldn't be very practical. If you walk around to the other side of a wall, you'll notice that the entire block isn't tagged. Instead, it's just the side facing where you were standing. A block can, theoretically, have up to four different sides which may or may not have tags on them.

You could indicate it by the floor tiles the tags face, and indeed, that's the way the game keeps track of it -- it actually marks the floor next to the wall as graffiti covered, and then just draws graffiti on all walls facing that floor. But that would look pretty ugly on the map, and there are many other things which could be in that floor tile.

Ultimately, it's just not that important to know where you've tagged stuff. If you're determined to wallpaper every wall in the homeless shelter with LCS tags, I suppose it'd be slightly useful, but that'd be more of a personal goal than one that's important to the game.  :D

The Moonlit Knight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2008, 09:57:00 am »

Yo, just wanted to say thanks and awesome job for continuing work on LCS, since the great Toady One has Dwarf Fortress to worry about. I was worried that LCS was going to say buggy and unupdated until I realized there was an open source project going on in the forums.
A man once said to me, "If you want superpowers, all you have to do is take acid and you'll have any superpower you want." He then asked if I had just, at that moment, shaved half my face; I revealed that as being my superpower. Being suddenly and inexplicably half-shaven.

Vengeful Donut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2008, 10:51:00 am »

Not just the homeless shelter. Nobody should be able to set foot out of their home without a constant reminder that the LCS is fighting for their liberty!

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2008, 11:40:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Vengeful Donut:
<STRONG>Not just the homeless shelter. Nobody should be able to set foot out of their home without a constant reminder that the LCS is fighting for their liberty!</STRONG>

Not enough! Take it INSIDE their homes! Break into apartments and cover the bland paint and wallpaper with Liberal Slogans!

quote:
Originally posted by The Moonlit Knight:
<STRONG>Yo, just wanted to say thanks and awesome job for continuing work on LCS, since the great Toady One has Dwarf Fortress to worry about. I was worried that LCS was going to say buggy and unupdated until I realized there was an open source project going on in the forums.</STRONG>

Thanks, and the same to everyone else who plays and comments. It's rewarding just to know people play and enjoy the game.

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2008, 12:08:00 pm »

Enjoy? Dude, LCS rocks.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5