Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: LCS 3.12 Alpha 8 Windows Download  (Read 9124 times)

Gruegirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LCS 3.12 Alpha 8 Windows Download
« Reply #60 on: February 28, 2008, 01:18:00 pm »

I've run into a number of general crashes and bugs

First, it seems that if my leader goes to jail, nobody ever takes up his/her mantle but if he/she dies then usually someone does.

Second, if that happens and I have a LOT of liberals who loose touch with LCS, not only will the game crash, it will currupt the save.

Alaern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 28, 2008, 04:21:00 pm »

Also, if all living liberals are serving lifetime sentence, the game won't end, instead it keeps showing month summary screen and saves. Does it really hope that any one of them will be able to serve 20k+ consequent lifetimes? :P

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 28, 2008, 04:32:00 pm »

the game is waiting for the country to either go ultra-liberal or reaganize*.
the summary screen is strange... do you have an apartment you don't use? then it will stop after it drains your money.

*it is possible (if you have just the right amount of sleepers) to have the game continue indefinitely.

I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Alaern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 29, 2008, 08:36:00 am »

Yeah, I was renting some apartments at industrial district. 200$/month bill will take a long time to drain 100k+ USD reserve...

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #64 on: February 29, 2008, 10:04:00 am »

One way to resolve that is to silence the end of month screen, but I think the real fix is that it should evict you if you're retired or can't see the news. There's no reason for you to be holding an apartment while in prison anyway.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 29, 2008, 03:34:00 pm »

well there is a reason to do it. it could be your stockpile of weapons/armor or any loot for that matter.
but the thing is- since you only have cash, there should be no way for you to pay, and so you should be evicted.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Twerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 29, 2008, 08:19:00 pm »

Woah. I just had a jury not be able reach a verdict. The prosecution declined to re-try the case, and my dude just got set free.

I've played the game for months and months, and I've been playing this version a lot, too, since it's release, the law system especially... but I've never had that happen. o_o How long has that been in?

The game doesn't have any sort of tie-breaker if the defense, prosecution and jury rolls are juuust right? I imagine there would be some sort of procedure in real court situations?

Edit: Just happened again... must be new, and I just missed it. Bah.

[ February 29, 2008: Message edited by: Twerty ]

Free-to-play games are like the fountains in NetHack. At first, they look refreshing, but when you approach snakes pour out and eat you.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #67 on: February 29, 2008, 11:21:00 pm »

It's actually been in for a long time... even before 3.09 (the last version Toady did), I'm pretty sure. Just very rare. You got lucky.

The game could very easily have either side win in such a perfect tie, but it's kind of cool that you can get a hung jury. It's amazingly rare in the game though. The game handles it pretty much the way that the real world does -- a mistrial is declared, and the prosecution can either drop the case or have it retried. Realistically though, if you're a mass murderer, they'd go for a retrial every time. In LCS they give up too easy.  :D

Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • From a time before a time before time
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 01, 2008, 04:00:00 pm »

There is some really buggy behavior when cops raid an apartment building with a hostage inside.  My guys fight their way out and then still manage to interrogate the hostage.  The safe house also remains under LCS control.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]