Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Intercepting Raids  (Read 1206 times)

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Intercepting Raids
« on: May 27, 2008, 01:10:00 pm »

It would be awesome if you could interupt conservative raids on poor liddle Greenpeace.  I'm thinking that you'd get head's up either from sleepers or by going to a conservative hideout and then staking the location out rather then raiding.  Successfully interupting a raid would be about the most heroicly liberal thing possible and would give you a massive boast to popularity and how people regard an issue related to the site (tons of favorable publicity).  Getting your butt kicked would give you a big drop to how feared you are.  If the cops arrive before either the LCS or CCS forces the other to flee, the site would get some publicity but the LCS wouldn't get the popularity boost.

In the later game, turning this around might be a way to make raids harder.  You head into a conservative site only to see vans pull up and a bunch of CCS members jump out.

Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Intercepting Raids
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2008, 06:07:00 pm »

Intercepting raids coming for you would be hard to implement... However, at the moment, you can attack the police station and shut it down, so they can't raid you.

As for being intercepted on the way to raid something... We shall see.

The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2008, 06:44:00 pm »

Not police raids, CCS raids.  I don't think it'd be all that complicated.  Have the site full of CCS units along with the normal population and start it off at Conservatives Alarmed.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2008, 06:52:00 pm »

« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 10:17:31 pm by penguinofhonor »

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2008, 07:32:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by mainiac:
[QB]Not police raids, CCS raids.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2008, 09:43:00 am »

first of all, a counter-raid doesn't have to be a real mission, instead you just have a fight scene, like the after-mission chases. in fact since their cover is blown it probably is an after-mission chase.
this might be a bit powerful however. How about having one of your sleepers go on the mission (that's how she knows about it)? if you kill them all your sleeper is dead.
and the same is true for you, if one of your operatives is actually a spy, expect a probable intercept.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.