Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Roll to Tacticus  (Read 16124 times)

Vaiolis

• Bay Watcher
  • I Am Penguin!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Tacticus
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2008, 01:55:08 pm »

Since my dwarf is a metalsmith and not a wood burner, and since the woodburner has skill and would thus get a bonus to his wood burning roll, and since the wood furnace has a chance to explode, I order the wood burner to collect wood, and burn it!
Today's Toady Tip: 3 and 4 are not the same number.
How borgly is your borgle's borgle?
The Minister of BEEEES! and of The Great Charter for the Toady Protectorate!

Keiseth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2008, 01:57:09 pm »

I order my dwarf to stand atop a large stone near other dwarves and begin babbling horrible doomsday prophecies, warning others of the end of times.

I ask you to recall the soapbox rule, conceived a few years ago by several high-standing players, and shortly after accepted into an official rulebook. In short, any human (or demihuman) who attempts to attack a seemingly harmless doomsday prophet or other public speaker suffers immense bad karma, especially during the lightning storm that often follows.

*Folds his hands together and maintains the Gendo stare.*

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2008, 02:39:34 pm »

Remember: Dwarves are common property, not avatars. Commands or rule -ahem- reminders are the player's actions, much like a game of DF.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2008, 02:47:50 pm »

I activate the inconvenient mood rule from Pantshelm ruleset 3.7 Chapter 9 Section 24.2, causing the Soapmaker to be stricken by a fey mood making him to demand 3d5 dwarf tallow, and a log.

Of course, this would require from the same rulesets expansion patch 44.2.8 Chapter 4 advanced guide "Screwing chance", where you must have either just immigrated to the map, are a useless job or are near-legendary anyway. As per soapmakers, you get a +7% towards getting a mood.

Me? I have my kobolds re-group and don some bags, attempting to capture an adult dwarf. This is allowed in the Dwarf Wife expantion ruleset "Ye all jus a buncha big babies!" Also, the recipient of such a move, if successful, will cry like a baby.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2008, 04:10:55 pm »

Oh my, what have I gotten myself into?

I have a kitten chop down a tree for wood.

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2008, 04:20:21 pm »

So what?

I lost already.
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2008, 04:55:38 pm »

So what?

I lost already.

Reroll for another character. And be sure to do your research.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Christes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2008, 09:31:41 pm »

Quote from: Toady One
Yeah, adding little games and pieces would be fun. This is covered by the two "Tacticus" power goals -- that's our made up board game for power goals. The hope is to have random rule sets and game items -- we can start with fixed examples and allow it to randomize them to the extent that it remains fun and workable. The AI for computer players will be horrible for most of the permutations, but it should be able to look ahead a bit and do some evaluations for any game. If it's doing more than moving randomly, that'll be enough for a while.

Toady One, what have you done?

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2008, 11:55:26 pm »

No worries, folks, you really have to work hard to lose. In Tacticus the body count grows fast but there are always new bodies. Remember: "You" are not in the game, any more than "you" are in a game Fortress Mode. Let the limbs fly!

Fualkner

• Bay Watcher
  • My glasses split light.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2008, 12:25:53 am »

If Butchy's eye is out, he'll go into a martial trance and kill all the cats. Using the bones, he'll craft some bolts and trade the leather. Of course, cat leather is in demand, seeing how they'll rip out eyes and all... so it's worth about 3 pelts for a bar of iron.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2008, 12:31:00 am by Fualkner »

Devath

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Insane Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2008, 12:49:08 am »

I place a token of radial undead summoning in the plains outside the mountain via the rules from article 1043b of section 85c of the New Revised Pantsheilm Ruleset, v. 4.1, in reference to the lack of undead on a field of gameplay. According to said rules, this token raises 4d7 creatures each round, remaining until removed.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup." - Unknown

Kyselina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2008, 04:20:18 am »

I order the soapmaker to go into a fell mood!
Tun Athelbuket, farmer cancels sleep: Caged.

Floirt

• Bay Watcher
  • OMIGODJCABOMB!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2008, 09:10:39 am »

I, according to the Helmpants ruleset, invoke the  "Randomly joining in dude" rule mentionned in article 56f and place two and a half !!*kitten leather socks*!! in the dinningroom . Due to the impossible-ness of a sock to be cut in half (see "Lololol Fractions are evil" ruleset in the book "Pantshelm: Second Second Edition", the half-sock imlodes, hopefully creating a blackhole in SD-45 ; Z-level 135.
The 2 socks, in presence of a +<<Black Hole>>+, teleports all soapmakers 10 z-levels over a volcano, due to the Gravity&Socks rule of the afore-mentionned Helmpants ruleset.
Quote from: HellMOO
Fat Ratzo [to Floirt]: I got a package here goin' to Roy Poorman, out in the afterworld.  $120 when you make the delivery.  And hurry!
No, not commiting suicide, sorry.   ...Through that money is rather tempting...

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2008, 09:56:15 am »

I order my dwarf to dig out a 3x3 room with the abandoned pick
(1) The miner is sober due to the "unfortunate booze shortage" rule (technically floating between Pantshelm and Helmpants rulebook, non-chapter 5:rules that exist to annoy part IV) Thus un-inebriated he dig-dig-digs himself a nice 8x9 room that promptly crushes him. The pick is thrown out of the room and lays in the hallway.

I activate the inconvenient mood rule from Pantshelm ruleset 3.7 Chapter 9 Section 24.2, causing the Soapmaker to be stricken by a fey mood making him to demand 3d5 dwarf tallow, and a log.
(3) Soapy takes control of the only workshop available- the Felsite and Dwarf Paste Wood Furnace. He dashes about to collect the materials but doesn't complete the item yet. Oh! Roll to dodge exploding furnace!(5)The furnace does not explode-yet.

Since my dwarf is a metalsmith and not a wood burner, and since the woodburner has skill and would thus get a bonus to his wood burning roll, and since the wood furnace has a chance to explode, I order the wood burner to collect wood, and burn it!
(9)The wood burner heads into the forest and starts absolutely demolishing trees. Pine logs fly and oaks implode from terror. However, he never bet on the elves. Due to 'Kogan's ol' time Tacticus Rules' a pirate rulebook, traders now arrive 1 year early. The enraged elves devour the wood burner, then demand a trade depot be prepared or they will simply HAVE to leave.

Of course, this would require from the same rulesets expansion patch 44.2.8 Chapter 4 advanced guide "Screwing chance", where you must have either just immigrated to the map, are a useless job or are near-legendary anyway. As per soapmakers, you get a +7% towards getting a mood.

Me? I have my kobolds re-group and don some bags, attempting to capture an adult dwarf. This is allowed in the Dwarf Wife expantion ruleset "Ye all jus a buncha big babies!" Also, the recipient of such a move, if successful, will cry like a baby.
Rules duly noted. Note it's impossible to cancel another player's rule reminders, but it is encouraged to add on to them.
(6) The Kobolds take some bags and pretend to be goblins. They move in to the map and find... (8) the last dwarf given an order by the 8th player. According to +rulebook+. That means that the Jeweler -who just chewed the arm off what is now a Dwarf Torso- Has been captured. Jeweler: [cries].

If Butchy's eye is out, he'll go into a martial trance and kill all the cats. Using the bones, he'll craft some bolts and trade the leather. Of course, cat leather is in demand, seeing how they'll rip out eyes and all... so it's worth about 3 pelts for a bar of iron.
I like the way you think.
(7) Simply put, the 1-eyed Butcher goes all Fell mood up on those cats.
Blinky Uristurist has created an artifact *Cat Bone Crossbow*!
This is a *Cat Bone Crossbow*. All craftdwarfship is of the highest quality. There is a picture of a cat and a dwarf in cat leather. The dwarf is striking down the cat. x50.

I place a token of radial undead summoning in the plains outside the mountain via the rules from article 1043b of section 85c of the New Revised Pantsheilm Ruleset, v. 4.1, in reference to the lack of undead on a field of gameplay. According to said rules, this token raises 4d7 creatures each round, remaining until removed.
Wait- new revised, revised new, newly revived, or Nude Resentful version? *reads* Ok.
(8)The token summons 30 zombie Giant Original Pachyderms (i.e. elephants from early versions). Might want to take care of that. Or at least get inside.

I order the soapmaker to go into a fell mood!
(2)The soapmaker considers going into two moods at once, but decides that one mood is enough for now, thank you very much. He explodes into gore due to cognitive dissonance. The GOP shuffle over and gore the corpse.

I, according to the Helmpants ruleset, invoke the  "Randomly joining in dude" rule mentionned in article 56f and place two and a half !!*kitten leather socks*!! in the dinningroom . Due to the impossible-ness of a sock to be cut in half (see "Lololol Fractions are evil" ruleset in the book "Pantshelm: Second Second Edition", the half-sock imlodes, hopefully creating a blackhole in SD-45 ; Z-level 135.
The 2 socks, in presence of a +<<Black Hole>>+, teleports all soapmakers 10 z-levels over a volcano, due to the Gravity&Socks rule of the afore-mentionned Helmpants ruleset.

(9)The gooey remains of the moody soap maker are teleported over the volcano that just now happens to exist. Since this goo was evenly distributed over the rotting feet of the GOP, three of the elephants appear there too. Oh, and the one other soap maker- he's gored and trampled before he can hit the lava.

Oh my, what have I gotten myself into?
I have a kitten chop down a tree for wood.
(7)The fuzzy little kitten stretches up and sharpens it's little claws on a small pine. That small pine tilts and falls over, knocking down a larger tree, which falls on an oak, and so on. Soon the forest is tumbling down in a storm of raining lumber.

Global
Roll to get immigrants:
(8) Caching! 8 immigrants. Including one Mechanic and a bunch of worthless bums!

*Added cowofdoom
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 10:41:56 am by PTTG?? »

Okenido

• Bay Watcher
  • Loli Advocate
    • View Profile
    • New Various Nonsense
« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2008, 10:07:40 am »

I order one of the worthless bums to break the laws of physics, and build a 5x5 wooden house outside of the mountain. (In accordance in the 7th Edition, Expansion 18,  Subsection: Unimplemented features, line 668.)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5