Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Roll to Tacticus  (Read 16159 times)

Vaiolis

• Bay Watcher
  • I Am Penguin!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Tacticus
« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2008, 10:34:47 am »

Well, as I'm sure you all remember section 12d of the Pantsheilm 25th Anniversary extended silver-edition remodeled version 3.92 ruleset, featuring "Advanced De-Improvement Degredation," Any unit facing another unit (or unit facing terrain, or obstacles, etc.) gets a +(version difference) to all rolls against the other, thus all current-version units will have a bonus against the newly-created elephants, and the elephants will find it much more difficult to harm said dwarves.

And with that, (glad I ordered that foolish wood burner to go wood burning, since he died, but he didn't quite finish) I order a new recruit to take the dismembered wood and burn it, as well as ordering yet another useless guy, or two, as I recall the same mentioned ruleset, in section 12e, on "Veteran Command," wherease a single unit can command up to (number of deaths of his own race)+1 units without a moral penalty. The metalsmith did not witness the miner's death, so he does not count, however he did witness the death of the woodburner, and thus may command up to two units.
Today's Toady Tip: 3 and 4 are not the same number.
How borgly is your borgle's borgle?
The Minister of BEEEES! and of The Great Charter for the Toady Protectorate!

Floirt

• Bay Watcher
  • OMIGODJCABOMB!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 07, 2008, 12:26:57 pm »

I command the last bum to go forth and stop EVIL!, according to the 42th Edition of the 4th Edition, Chapter DCXVI, line 14879 or "Liberal Dwarves Mountain-hugging hippies".
It will now go in a crusade to kill all "conservatives" dwarves!
Quote from: HellMOO
Fat Ratzo [to Floirt]: I got a package here goin' to Roy Poorman, out in the afterworld.  $120 when you make the delivery.  And hurry!
No, not commiting suicide, sorry.   ...Through that money is rather tempting...

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 07, 2008, 01:06:19 pm »

According to rule #5469 of the Pantsheilm Black Bronze edition, all dwarves carry a flaming spork inside their anus in case of danger.
I command one of the bums to use his against the elephants.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 07, 2008, 01:21:24 pm »

Citing the original version of the Shirtsocken ruleset, before the useless updates that totally ruined the Smelter class and overpowered the fish cleaner class. But onto the rule:

When a kobold steals something, it is added to the central pot. Counting the prices of his equipment, and the current inflated price for a dwarf, I gain ¤124,000¤. Taking this in account with my dice roll...

*Rolls dice*

I try to send a team of bowkobolds into the map stealthed to steal the pants from whatever dwarf they can find.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Keiseth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 07, 2008, 02:09:20 pm »

Ah, PTTG sir, did you simply forget my action or skip my turn, or am I not actually playing? Or are you not done updating turns yet? I thought I joined in time, but there's no active player list.

Devath

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Insane Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 07, 2008, 07:00:52 pm »

I order the mechanic to build an automatic mining machine.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup." - Unknown

Fualkner

• Bay Watcher
  • My glasses split light.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 07, 2008, 09:35:09 pm »

Butchy gets practicing, using the skinned bodies of the cats as an archery target. With all this cat-shooting practice, Butch can pick off any member of the cat family with 1 shot, in a fair fight.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 07, 2008, 09:37:49 pm »

Uhhh I think you missed my turn, did I do something wrong?

Kyselina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 08, 2008, 08:12:32 am »

By the rules of The ratatat pawn rulebook §56 the mechanic goes and makes a plasma machine gun.
Tun Athelbuket, farmer cancels sleep: Caged.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 08, 2008, 10:08:15 am »

I point out to you that according to the Collector's ruleset in Chapter VII, section 2 of the Personal Collections optional configurations, every dwarf has to make 2d9 roll to not go and collect all the random bits of crap that are scattered around.

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
  • Look in to my eyesssss.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ihavenoideathissiteexcisted.com
« Reply #55 on: September 08, 2008, 01:38:17 pm »

It's really elementary to note that this becomes a 1d9 + 3 if there is a sock lying around.

Quote from: Toady One
Did you just post a bunch of vegi-dicks on my board?  I've been trying to combat forum devolution a bit, and that involves fewer vegi-dicks!
Quote from: Yahtzee
Yes, random is funny, isn't it? Sometimes I set up a random number generator when I need a good laugh.

Fualkner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 08, 2008, 06:03:48 pm »

Double the chance of pickup if it's on fire.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #57 on: September 08, 2008, 06:59:25 pm »

You people really want to make this rolling tough, eh? Well, I got something figured out. Has anyone not yet posted? I'll end the turn at 6:00.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Fualkner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 09, 2008, 09:29:54 pm »

Erm... I think everyone went. Can we get an update?

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #59 on: September 10, 2008, 04:43:08 pm »

Ooops. Sorry. Very busy on Tuesdays and Thursdays, you know. I'll do my best to write something up today.

Ok, If people are still reading this, I just don't have the time. If somebody else wants to take over, be my guest.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 10:43:09 am by PTTG?? »
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5