Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Idea, limited supply of archconservatives  (Read 2082 times)

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Idea, limited supply of archconservatives
« on: May 28, 2008, 02:16:00 am »

How about limiting the number of arch conservatives in the world at a given time?  If you go and take down all the archconservative CEO's, Anchors, News Casters and the like, they'll be replaced by mere weak conservatives.  No more apt at swaying the public then their liberal counterparts, these conservatives won't cause the steady decay of public perception the archconservatives cause.  The upshot being that if you got all issues at elite liberal and killed or kidnapped all the arch conservatives, the issues would stay at elite liberal.  Over time, you'll see newspaper articles telling you that various new archconservatives have taken up the dark mantle, but in the short term, you can set up fixing the country.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Idea, limited supply of archconservatives
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2008, 02:56:00 am »

You make Arch-Conservatives sound like Sith Lords.

Anticheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2008, 05:19:00 am »

Yeah.

There should be more than two arch-conservatives able to exist at one time.

Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2008, 06:46:00 am »

ok, yeah, I support this idea. after you kill somewhere between 1'000 and 20'000'000 people (depending on political climate) the supply of Arch conservatives should entirely dry up for a generation.

while were suggesting this I had this Idea that for every sleeper you convert there should be a 1 in 1'000'000 chance they will be on jury during trial. Just for fun, and for the OCD freaks among us actually would convert enough conservatives for this to come up more than once in their life.

I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2008, 11:15:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Earthquake Damage:
<STRONG>You make Arch-Conservatives sound like Sith Lords.</STRONG>

...and?

--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

Hanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2008, 11:49:00 am »

I thought when someone flashes the Secret Liberal Hand Signal, I do have a sleeper in the jury, if not then that should be implemented, (I allways am kidnap happy, so I get lots of low level sleepers)
ude yo.... just dude

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2008, 12:00:00 pm »

no, the SLHS just means that the person is your fan. a sleeper juror should be able to turn any failure into an undecided jury, so you'd go to retrial at least. and of course it'd mean even better results so you don't fail in the first place.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2008, 02:34:00 pm »

We should totally make up a sleeper liberal hand signal, just on the off chance fans of this game ever meet in a courtroom.  I'm sure y'all had good intentions.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

JT

• Bay Watcher
  • Explosively Canadian
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jtgibson.ca/df/
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2008, 08:18:00 pm »

You mean no one told you yet?  You do the Egyptian walk thing with your hands, keep your head level while tracing a semicircle around the vertical axis (sort of like rocking your head from left to front to right to back, except you keep your eyes horizontal at all times) two times, bend your first, third, and fourth fingers of your right hand, cup your right elbow with your left hand, make two "spt spt" noises with your mouth, then wink suggestively.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'" --George Carlin

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2008, 08:21:00 pm »

I don't know how to wink.  Whenever I try I end up blinking.  Guess I can't do the signal.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2008, 06:54:00 am »

I thought there was a tongue action somewhere in there...
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.