Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 95

Author Topic: Cool things you just noticed in DF  (Read 238361 times)

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
Re: Cool things you just noticed in DF
« Reply #1335 on: July 26, 2014, 09:09:21 am »

Greiger's is actually correct...  sadly enough.  The emotional circumstance processor is still turned on, with a randomly rolled up personality, but they can't express themselves or take control...  they can only cry.
Wow, this sounds almost like some sort of horror novel. lol

Not that I mind - it's actually pretty cool. I feel bad now, though.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: July 26, 2014, 10:01:32 am »

Giant Sponges aren't the damage sponge beasts they once were, at least to fists and kicks. Haven't tried with bladed weapons yet.

Edit: The third slash attack with a long sword cleaved it in two.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 10:07:19 am by smjjames »

Wilfred of Ivanhoe

• Bay Watcher
  • positively macabre
    • View Profile
    • My Music
« Reply #1337 on: July 26, 2014, 11:28:41 pm »

I was just cooking up the usual gladiator battle in the OTA when I noticed that sweat, like blood, vomit, and other fluids, can exist in the game world. Here's a pic of the aftermath. I can only tell where the sweat is by loo[k]ing though, I'm not sure if it changes the color of the tile like blood, vomit, and ichor do due to all of the clutter.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It's probably the result of them all wrestling each other to death and getting over-exerted and exhausted but either way, its really cool.
(1) You grab your golf bag and take out your gun. But then an Orc comes over and sensually gives you a massage. You decide to marry the Orc and live together. Unfortunately, the Orc walks over a slime mine and blows up. You commit suicide, unable to bare the thought of living with out your one true love.

random_odd_guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: July 26, 2014, 11:52:51 pm »

I got some sweat, along with blood, and tears, when i was cutting up a minotaur

RealFear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: July 27, 2014, 12:57:06 am »

I was just cooking up the usual gladiator battle in the OTA when I noticed that sweat, like blood, vomit, and other fluids, can exist in the game world. Here's a pic of the aftermath. I can only tell where the sweat is by loo[k]ing though, I'm not sure if it changes the color of the tile like blood, vomit, and ichor do due to all of the clutter.

It's probably the result of them all wrestling each other to death and getting over-exerted and exhausted but either way, its really cool.
Yeah, tears and sweat were added in the latest version.
If your guy is really pouring it out though, it should slighty darken all of the tiles you walk over, its best seen if you walk in a straight line.
It's a reverse hostage situation, if you kill the snatchers they'll fill your fort with babies.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: July 27, 2014, 01:01:23 am »

Yeah, tears and sweat were added in the latest version.
If your guy is really pouring it out though, it should slighty darken all of the tiles you walk over, its best seen if you walk in a straight line.

Same if you walk indoors from it raining.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: July 27, 2014, 02:22:29 am »

Sweat is really cool.

Wilfred of Ivanhoe

• Bay Watcher
  • positively macabre
    • View Profile
    • My Music
« Reply #1342 on: August 01, 2014, 03:00:47 pm »

I just noticed that wandering parties on the map actually build temporary structures to sleep in. I found a stationary "*" on the map and when I stoppe[d], I found a tent-like structure made from flax plant fiber that three elves were sleeping in.

« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 01:59:52 am by Wilfred of Ivanhoe »
(1) You grab your golf bag and take out your gun. But then an Orc comes over and sensually gives you a massage. You decide to marry the Orc and live together. Unfortunately, the Orc walks over a slime mine and blows up. You commit suicide, unable to bare the thought of living with out your one true love.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: August 01, 2014, 03:53:39 pm »

I just noticed that wandering parties on the map actually build temporary structures to sleep in. I found a stationary "*" on the map and when I stoppe[d], I found a tent-like structure made form flax plant fiber that three elves were sleeping in.

Wow, cool!
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: August 01, 2014, 04:28:52 pm »

I just noticed that wandering parties on the map actually build temporary structures to sleep in. I found a stationary "*" on the map and when I stoppe[d], I found a tent-like structure made form flax plant fiber that three elves were sleeping in.

You know what to do.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: August 01, 2014, 05:01:17 pm »

I just had found this too and when I was getting closer a night creature caved my skull in.

Wilfred of Ivanhoe

• Bay Watcher
  • positively macabre
    • View Profile
    • My Music
« Reply #1346 on: August 02, 2014, 01:59:31 am »

You know what to do.
Let's just say, some elven civilization won't be getting their scout report any time soon. *wink*

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: August 04, 2014, 09:56:32 am »

Kind of a meta thing I noticed, but at the bottom of the main forum page, there is a little box that lists what users are online. At the bottom of the box, there is a little statement that says "Most Online Today: 720. Most Online Ever: 2427 (July 08, 2014, 01:31:30 am)". DF v0.40.01 was released July 7th.

RenoFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: August 04, 2014, 11:22:22 am »

If you're in arena mode with no quarter, the enemy will not yield or escape regardless of how afraid he is. When asked to yield, they won't say "Never!" or "You first coward!", but "I am compelled to fight!"

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: August 04, 2014, 02:11:24 pm »

I just got attacked by a giant panther recruit.

I didn't check to see if it was the Pink Panther P
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 95