Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 95

Author Topic: Cool things you just noticed in DF  (Read 238535 times)

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
Re: Cool things you just noticed in DF
« Reply #465 on: May 30, 2009, 07:27:44 pm »

MAGICAL

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It has other glitchy effects sometimes as well... like sometimes you act like a portal...
I demand screenies.  This sounds good.
Oh, I was just refering to that one time I got kicked by that horse and it hit some random shopkeeper(he wasent standing even close to me).

In any case I recommend playing a wizard to everyone here. You wont regret it.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 07:29:19 pm by cowofdoom78963 »

Kishmond

• Bay Watcher
  • What the pfargtl?
    • View Profile
    • My DF Stories blog.
« Reply #466 on: May 30, 2009, 11:58:40 pm »

Have you ever seen goblins wear troll leather items? I've been seeing them lately, and they're worth a good bit.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: May 31, 2009, 12:35:40 am »

I have now added the [MAGICAL] tag to my play-able fire elemental (SoF), and it is indeed interesting.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

ousire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: May 31, 2009, 01:01:24 am »

now i want to make an adventurer out of the weakest creature in the game, and then give it the magic tag. see how long it could survive with an army of meatsheilds

sausage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: May 31, 2009, 01:02:50 am »

I have now added the [MAGICAL] tag to my play-able fire elemental (SoF), and it is indeed interesting.

I think I like your sig, especially since its a song... except with joints :-)
Of course, why else would dwarves risk life and limb to retrive one sock during a full scale siege onslaught.
The depressing thing is that they quite often lose life and limb(s) in the process.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: May 31, 2009, 04:08:51 am »

now i want to make an adventurer out of the weakest creature in the game, and then give it the magic tag. see how long it could survive with an army of meatsheilds
You will be horribly disappointed when the ground hog army is utterly destroyed by 4 peasant children.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: May 31, 2009, 06:22:32 am »

Will it also attract hostile wildlife (eg wolves, bears, ogres, harpies)?  Anyway, I'm gonna put this on my arachnid.  Should help kill more elves.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: May 31, 2009, 01:26:19 pm »

Will it also attract hostile wildlife (eg wolves, bears, ogres, harpies)?  Anyway, I'm gonna put this on my arachnid.  Should help kill more elves.
Yes, but rarely as they appear unfrequently around civs(as their in low savagrey areas). No they wont attack you.

sausage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: June 01, 2009, 03:56:21 pm »

I just noticed that if you die in a town and then start another adventurer, the dead one's gear is still in the town...
Of course, why else would dwarves risk life and limb to retrive one sock during a full scale siege onslaught.
The depressing thing is that they quite often lose life and limb(s) in the process.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #474 on: June 01, 2009, 04:06:23 pm »

I just noticed that if you die in a town and then start another adventurer, the dead one's gear is still in the town...

This makes me wonder if you can find his corpse. Especially with the people who were somehow desecrated after death, like being impaled on a stake.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: June 01, 2009, 04:07:22 pm »

I've been taking an adventurer from town to town, doing the usual slaughter-everyone-for-XP-and-loot routine.  On maybe the 10th town, I confronted the local leader in the mead hall as usual, killed him, and found on his body a masterwork iron right gauntlet, masterfully decorated with an image of myself killing another local leader.  Needless to say, I wear that gauntlet with pride.

I had no idea that events that happen during Adventure Mode could show up as artwork that quickly.  I hadn't even retired the adventurer or anything.  I guess it's because town items aren't created until you actually enter the town.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 04:09:17 pm by Footkerchief »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: June 01, 2009, 04:14:57 pm »

Screw logic!  This is fun!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #477 on: June 01, 2009, 05:44:59 pm »

I've been taking an adventurer from town to town, doing the usual slaughter-everyone-for-XP-and-loot routine.  On maybe the 10th town, I confronted the local leader in the mead hall as usual, killed him, and found on his body a masterwork iron right gauntlet, masterfully decorated with an image of myself killing another local leader.  Needless to say, I wear that gauntlet with pride.

I had no idea that events that happen during Adventure Mode could show up as artwork that quickly.  I hadn't even retired the adventurer or anything.  I guess it's because town items aren't created until you actually enter the town.

That is pretty damn awesome I must say. Now you just need to get a sword that shows you striking down humans with that very sword.

DI7789

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: June 01, 2009, 06:35:43 pm »

This makes me wonder if you can find his corpse. Especially with the people who were somehow desecrated after death, like being impaled on a stake.

It is possible to find their corpses. After I took an expedition of meatshields companions to a dark fortress and got horribly murdered by a crossbowgoblin, I took another one there, succeeded in killing everything and found the spikes that my old adventurer and his group were impaled on. I recovered their bodies and threw them into the nearest volcano (it was a modded race that I used to carry them. I don't know if humans/elves/dwarves can carry that much weight)
Gone on hiatus due to RL. Major apologies to all involved in LP thread.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: June 01, 2009, 06:42:31 pm »

Whoa.  I didn't know the corpse mutilations were anything more than Legends fluff.  I wonder if any others besides impalement show up in the game world.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 95