Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 95

Author Topic: Cool things you just noticed in DF  (Read 238340 times)

DI7789

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cool things you just noticed in DF
« Reply #480 on: June 02, 2009, 11:49:22 am »

Also, they weren't all on one spike, there was one spike I found outside the towers. Then inside one of them I found a couple of spikes in the corridors, then in another tower I found one on the top floor, and the rest were scattered around between the two
Gone on hiatus due to RL. Major apologies to all involved in LP thread.

snuflufagus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: June 02, 2009, 05:09:42 pm »

When I went as an adventurer to visit and talk to my old dwarves returning to the mountainhomes, I discovered that they were all still suffering from cave adaptation and all two hundred plus of them were vomitting all over the place!  I mean, each move resulted in another page of vomitting!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #482 on: June 02, 2009, 05:39:35 pm »

When I went as an adventurer to visit and talk to my old dwarves returning to the mountainhomes, I discovered that they were all still suffering from cave adaptation and all two hundred plus of them were vomitting all over the place!  I mean, each move resulted in another page of vomitting!

They're just creating a traitional dwarven road of blood and vomit. I thought that was normal

ousire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: June 02, 2009, 06:54:42 pm »

They're just creating a traitional dwarven road of blood and vomit. I thought that was normal

indian dwarven trail of tears vomit

Byakugan01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: June 02, 2009, 08:13:13 pm »

They're just creating a traditional dwarven road of ELF blood and vomited ELF CHUNKS. I thought that was normal
FIXED

On a side note, it seems a stray titan will actually die of thirst of you keep it caged, much like a caged dwarf. This may result in an interesting engravings...
From Mr. Welch's 1350 things he is not allowed to do in a RPG:
148. There is no Gnomish Deathgrip, and even if there was, it wouldn't involve tongs.
171. My character's dying words are not allowed to be "Hastur, Hastur, Hastur"
218. No matter my alignment, organizing halfling pit fights is a violation.
231. I am not allowed to do anything that would make a Sith Lord cry.
240. Any character with more than three skills specializing in chainsaw is vetoed.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: June 02, 2009, 08:53:44 pm »

^^^ I think I remember hearing that that happens because titans have [CAN_SPEAK].  Makes no sense, I know.

Nonsapient

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: June 04, 2009, 10:32:06 pm »

Blood apparently flows against the flow of water.  I just watched a stream of blood follow up the flow I was using to fill a room, out the gate, into the river,  and almost reach the upstream source on the map

da dwarf lord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: June 04, 2009, 10:39:28 pm »

I just noticed how hipocritical elves are they TRY to kill us if we try to sell them wooden bins but they themselves use wooden weapons and everything they use is wood.... how does this work????

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: June 04, 2009, 10:49:34 pm »

I just noticed how hipocritical elves are they TRY to kill us if we try to sell them wooden bins but they themselves use wooden weapons and everything they use is wood.... how does this work????
I'm betting it's like in those aliens in those sequels to Ender's Game- they sing the wood from the trees, rather than viciously hacking in with metal.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: June 04, 2009, 11:58:16 pm »

Mabey they just cut off the part of the tree they need for their wooden items, unlike dwarves who chop down a whole tree just to make a cup out of it.

Orange Drink

« Reply #490 on: June 05, 2009, 04:10:23 am »

I think elves either get their wood from trees that fell down naturally, or make some sort of special ritual on a full moon on the winter equinox when a rainbow has occurred that passes through a specially shaped cloud, just to cut down a tree.

Back on topic, I've noticed that since 3D, elves stopped naming trees in their forest retreats.

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: June 05, 2009, 04:11:51 am »

They have a special way of cutting the tree.

But when you buy their stuff and sell it back to them... They call it a rude bauble.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: June 05, 2009, 04:23:01 am »

They have a special way of cutting the tree.

But when you buy their stuff and sell it back to them... They call it a rude bauble.

I think they just think it's rude that you're trying to sell their crap back to them.

Evil One

• Bay Watcher
  • [Champion Elfslayer]
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: June 05, 2009, 04:55:18 am »

I don't think the Elves in my DF game are too happy... I've modded them so that their body temperature causes nearby trees to burst into flames ;D
Dwarf!  Indeed, a devious delight fond of drink and industry deceived as both do-gooder and devil by the delusions of deities.  This demander, no daft demeanor, is a driving force of the deadly diocese, now disappointed, delirious from goblin deception.  However, this delicious derangement of a demolished diamond stands determined!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: June 05, 2009, 05:56:31 am »

I don't think the Elves in my DF game are too happy... I've modded them so that their body temperature causes nearby trees to burst into flames ;D

Why god!  Why does the only thing I love burn when I go near it!  Makes good meat though.  Come here unicorn unicorn unicorn...
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 95