Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 95

Author Topic: Cool things you just noticed in DF  (Read 238375 times)

lowbart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cool things you just noticed in DF
« Reply #1365 on: August 29, 2014, 11:37:19 pm »

I attacked a vampire in front of his 2 roommates and they tried to fight me after he got away. I gave one of them a temporarily incapacitating injury so he passed out from pain, and asked the other for a cease of hostilities. I'm pretty sure he paused dramatically to look me in the eye before slashing my foot open and then agreeing "Sure man, no more fighting."

"Are you there, gods? It's me, Mistêm."
Quote from: Boatmurdered
Guerilla Burialgears absently tucks the child's rock into his pack and turns to leave for good; his head hung low. His words trail behind him as he disappears over the ridge. It is a haunting whisper, quickly stolen away by the wind: "All burn..."

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: August 30, 2014, 10:40:11 am »

One badass diagnoser.

You kill him?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Falconbridge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: September 02, 2014, 02:03:19 am »

decided to dive into legends mode yesterday: found a necromancer who got bis neck smashed by a troll. a couple of years later he became obsessed with his mortality, became necromancer and wrotte a book: "a world without troll"
I guess there's some kind of revenge/agenda coded in because legends are full of stuff like that..

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: September 07, 2014, 10:07:56 am »

Just had one of the dwarves guniea pigs in arena mode say 'How I long for civilization..."

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: July 28, 2017, 04:44:54 pm »

Haven't tried stuffing things into a cage or animal trap yet and selling those, it's kinda offputting that the only way to acquire these things is by making them in fortress mode and abandoning.
You can find them in fortresses (I think) and mead halls.

I noticed that villagers will tell other people what they are about to do. "I'm going out for some water."
Not very significant, but it's still interesting. I could write an entire book about the Adventure mode dialogue system.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 04:46:26 pm by Eschar »

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: July 30, 2017, 05:46:34 pm »

Pulling out stuff still stuck in you leads to increased bleeding, just like in real life.
Also, adventure companions can jump. It's a bit weird considering that they won't swim after you.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

mikekchar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: August 02, 2017, 11:50:48 pm »

I've always been meaning to try training my companion to swim.  Enticing them into the water to fight snapping turtles is pretty easy, and assuming they don't die right away, presumably they will eventually get to Novice level (which seems to be the level at which you are unlikely to drown).  At that point, will they follow you, I wonder....

Dragonunion

• Bay Watcher
  • ... challenging the monsters of the depths
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: August 03, 2017, 04:27:25 am »

When you try to sell a prisoned human to a caravan then only the cage comes to the trade depot and is sellable. The human sits in an other cage.
So you can't sell a prisoner:(
The old apple revels in its authority.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: August 03, 2017, 04:40:10 am »

Companions who know how to swim or climb well enough to save their lives don't know what do to with themselves afterward. If there isn't something to kill, they'll just hang out in the water or on the end of a limb. And if they arbitrarily decide that the tile you're channeling is the one they have to be on, the ground vanishing beneath them won't change their minds, they'll dangle from twigs just to hang out right there.

EDIT: This I just learned from running show-unit-syndromes script on a companion:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Vampires can get drunk, but are immune to the worst effects. 'physical stats can't improve' I should've known from the raws, but hadn't noticed the flag. And the 50% damage resistance is news to me.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 11:58:43 pm by Uzu Bash »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: August 05, 2017, 07:45:46 pm »

The physical stats thing is bugged and doesn't apply, you can totally raise your stats after being vamped. Go topple a statue til you get vamped then wrestle wildlife and watch your stats.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: November 11, 2017, 08:44:36 pm »

Cats will lick and/or head-butt you. That's a nice detail.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #1376 on: November 14, 2017, 02:40:09 am »

decided to dive into legends mode yesterday: found a necromancer who got bis neck smashed by a troll. a couple of years later he became obsessed with his mortality, became necromancer and wrotte a book: "a world without troll"
I guess there's some kind of revenge/agenda coded in because legends are full of stuff like that..

There should be, but aside from the subject matter book titles are randomly picked from a list (you can modify this list in the raws).  It could have just as easily been "Can Troll Save the World?"

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: November 18, 2017, 06:31:26 pm »

Flies swarm over butchered corpses.

And some titans can throw balls of fire. And breathe fire. I found that out a few ticks ago. From experience. Run.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 07:27:26 pm by Eschar »

TubaDragoness

• Bay Watcher
  • o3o
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: November 19, 2017, 08:51:56 am »

I believe anything made of fire gets a "hidden" fireball attack, just like any spider-based titan has a "hidden" web ability.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: November 19, 2017, 01:19:20 pm »

Seriously? There was 3 years necro with answer on 9 year old post and no one noticed this?
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 95