Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95]

Author Topic: Cool things you just noticed in DF  (Read 237562 times)

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cool things you just noticed in DF
« Reply #1410 on: March 25, 2018, 11:48:32 pm »

You can eat food in stores without being considered a thief.
I don't think that's special functionality, it's just that by eating something, you make it no longer exist, therefore the game no longer considers you a thief.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: March 26, 2018, 01:17:12 am »

You can eat food in stores without being considered a thief.
I don't think that's special functionality, it's just that by eating something, you make it no longer exist, therefore the game no longer considers you a thief.

Might be a bug.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Ninjabread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: March 26, 2018, 03:13:51 am »

Until i genned my most recent world I wasn't aware that almost the entire racial population of a town could change during genned history without an invasion by a foreign power, I'm currently clearing out a kobold camp with my fresh adventurer because I was asked to by the lady of a human town, the lady is an elf who is >150 years old, the entire town guard is comprised of dingo men, the criminals are echidna men (really wanna find and befriend an echidna man wrestler so I can play Dwarf Fortress & Knuckles), the shopkeepers are about evenly distributed between humans, elves, and dwarves, most humans in this still human owned town are visitors in the inn.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: March 26, 2018, 03:45:22 am »

Until i genned my most recent world I wasn't aware that almost the entire racial population of a town could change during genned history without an invasion by a foreign power, I'm currently clearing out a kobold camp with my fresh adventurer because I was asked to by the lady of a human town, the lady is an elf who is >150 years old, the entire town guard is comprised of dingo men, the criminals are echidna men (really wanna find and befriend an echidna man wrestler so I can play Dwarf Fortress & Knuckles), the shopkeepers are about evenly distributed between humans, elves, and dwarves, most humans in this still human owned town are visitors in the inn.
Animal-people will "civilize" by joining an Elf, Dwarf, Human or goblin civ. Sometimes just a few, sometimes hundreds at a time. That explains them.

Then there's a lot of mobility with mercenaries, artists, performance troupes, monks, peddlers and spies impersonating all of the above and of course their families and descendents.

If you trace Legends back far enough, you often end up discovering that someone of unknown parentage just turned up in town one day to take over the tavern.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 03:51:33 am by Shonai_Dweller »
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95]