Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [LCS] Wisdom  (Read 2110 times)

BishopX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[LCS] Wisdom
« on: February 24, 2008, 12:01:00 pm »

Is there any way to lower the wisdom of LCS members after they have joined you? Does the amount of juice have any effect on this?

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Re: [LCS] Wisdom
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2008, 12:12:00 pm »

yes. as you gain levels (trough juice), all your stats will go up one point, and your wisdom will go down instead.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

BishopX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2008, 12:41:00 pm »

Sweet, I guess I just need to juice my founder more then, interrogation is getting hazardous for her.

EDIT: After bringing my founder from 150 juice to 1000 juice, no change in wisdom was observed.

[ February 24, 2008: Message edited by: BishopX ]

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2008, 09:12:00 am »

You cant bring wisdom down.

Unless you can get her to be converted by a speaker conservative, kidnap her, and convert her back to a liberal (with lowered wisdom and heart). I dont think you can do that unless you got some high ranking people in the entire group (Revolutionary and Elite liberal are pretty much guaranteed to take over).

As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Wisq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2008, 03:26:00 pm »

Yes, juice has an effect on all stats except wisdom.  It's not raised (since that would be bad), but it's not lowered either.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2008, 03:32:00 pm »

apparently you can't...
I was sure it went down with levels.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2008, 09:57:00 pm »

Nope, no way to lower Wisdom in your people. As far as I know, Wisdom was never affected by Juice. Juice will help to shield you from attacks by persuasive enemies by serving as a buffer that absorbs the hit before it can affect Wisdom or alignment, but it's very very expensive, as you can lose something like 50 juice each round, and that effect *will* delevel you and reduce your other stats. It beats the alternative though -- Wisdom damage is irreversible, and even moderate Wisdom puts your people at risk of alignment change in a critical moment, which is, obviously, devastating.