Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Searching for a [TAG]  (Read 1085 times)

Tubi2b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Searching for a [TAG]
« on: September 21, 2008, 07:29:09 pm »

Did a few searches but I still cant tell which tag it is Im looking for. Im looking for the tag that makes creatures attack you when youre Shift+T ravelling in adventure mode. Is it [AMBUSHPREDATOR]? I thought that just made them stealth. Is it [LARGE_PREDATOR]? Because I know you can only have 1 of them on a fortress map at a time. So I guess the tag Im looking for is whatever wolves/cougars share to ambush you from adventure mode; but Id like to be able to have both of them on the fortress map at the same time.

Any suggestions?

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
Re: Searching for a [TAG]
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2008, 08:45:24 pm »

[LARGE_PREDATOR] is what you're looking for. Yes, only one cluster of predators can appear in fortress mode at a time, unless you're in a savage area (Joyous Wilds, Untamed Wilds, or Terrifying), where you can have two clusters of predators at a time. In adventure mode, you will sometimes be attacked by a cluster of predators while traveling.

[AMBUSHPREDATOR] means the creature will start out in sneak mode. I'm not sure if it has an effect in adventure mode.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Tubi2b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2008, 08:59:56 pm »

Ok. Im assuming the 1 or 2 per Fortress Map only includes wild ones and not ones in cages... right?

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2008, 09:29:12 pm »

Correct.

Also, on Benign (serene, calm, sinister) regions, you won't find any predators at all. Plenty of homicidal herbivores, though. Like elephants and unicorns.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Neoskel

• Bay Watcher
  • Read or the owl will eat you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2008, 09:22:17 am »

Correct.

Also, on Benign (serene, calm, sinister) regions, you won't find any predators at all. Plenty of homicidal herbivores, though. Like elephants and unicorns.

Actually you might be able to mix the [BENIGN] and [LARGE_PREDATOR] tags to have predators in benign areas.
Urist Mcsurvivalist has been accosted by edible vermin lately.

Goblins: The fourth iron ore.