Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The Broken Arm of Justice  (Read 2653 times)

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Re: The Broken Arm of Justice
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2008, 10:33:00 pm »

Gun control is a boon.  Conservative gun laws are SCARY if your still a little fish.  Between SWAT teams and the black market, it's not too hard to get guns in a liberal society.  They're a big source of income for me in fact.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Hanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2008, 10:54:00 pm »

maybe guns should become more expencive at the black market when the control laws are liberal, also SWAT teams are going to get a lot more difficult I hear.

As another aside, I really like the idea of increased difficulty as the game goes on, as it is I am bored after two or more years of game time, at which point I am pretty much just making sleepers, and hitting places that get big conservative boosts.

ude yo.... just dude

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2008, 08:59:00 pm »

The trouble with the black market is that it basically weakens the big disadvantage to the gun control going Liberal. I never intended it to be a really easy replacement, and right now the only balance is that it's a bit more expensive than the equivalent pawn shop guns. One thought is to make tougher police crack down on the black market more effectively, and killing police tend to Conservatise the police regulation issue rather than Liberalize it. Then, the more you abuse guns by killing cops, the more they take away your source of armament while getting tougher themselves. I dunno, not really sure -- I'm hesitant to punish the player too much for taking action that realistically would backfire, since that pretty much covers most LCS actions anyway, so there's the question of where it stops.
Pages: 1 [2]