Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Kingdom Mode  (Read 8822 times)

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kingdom Mode
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2015, 07:41:45 am »

I cannot really see why we would need a seperate kingdom mode.  Retiring forts has a tendancy to bug the game, maybe that will drastically reduce in the future but retiring is given the complex nature of the game unlikely to ever be bug free.  It would surely be better to have a minigame by which we interact politically with the wider world, it could be accessable in both fortress and adventurer mode too, that latter if we are playing somebody important.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
Re: Kingdom Mode
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2016, 10:59:45 pm »

I CALL NONECRO READ THE TOP OF THE BOARD IT'S A THING GUYS THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS A NECRO IN THIS BOARD

Why do we need a separate kingdom mode? It's another kind of abstraction, allowing one to interact with the world in a different way. Bugs are no excuse for shooting down suggestions. Now I could see how it would be difficult to restart worldgen, and this kind of borders with that, but I'm sure it could be implemented if enough time was put into it.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!
Pages: 1 2 [3]