Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Suggestion: No hidding assault rifles in the Equipment s  (Read 3728 times)

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
Re: Suggestion: No hidding assault rifles in the Equipment s
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2008, 09:58:00 pm »

Hahaha, what if you had to throw your stuff away before you could fight. So you block their attack with the TV, it breaks, next turn you hit fight. But you can't aim your assault rifle, you're hauling a TV. So you hurl the TV at their head. WHAM. They slump to the ground. Death by broken TV!

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2008, 04:05:00 am »

It'd be even neater is if you could knock them unconscious and take them hostage!
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2008, 08:53:00 am »

« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 10:18:09 pm by penguinofhonor »

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2008, 09:22:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Jonathan S. Fox:
<STRONG>Death by broken TV!</STRONG>

Shouldn't that be the spinning broken tv hit's their face, their nose, thier left ear, their right ear...

Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2008, 06:28:00 pm »

No, this isn't Dwarf Fortress.  :mad:
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

Twerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2008, 06:44:00 pm »

Oh, but you wish it was.
Free-to-play games are like the fountains in NetHack. At first, they look refreshing, but when you approach snakes pour out and eat you.

Ruttiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://https://server2.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/s/p1/
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2008, 12:31:00 am »

I always thought that you had a couple of big tote bags with you at all time, to fill with weapons and whatnot.  

Of course, carrying 30 tvs and computers is always a little stupid.  If your going to make it so they are hard to carry, just edit large objects like those out entirely, as they are worth very little as is, and stealing them would be a fruitless endeavor.

I just had an idea.  Make it so you can conceal your weapons, but add metal detectors that will detect any weapons except for improvised ones.

[ June 03, 2008: Message edited by: Ruttiger ]

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2008, 01:01:00 pm »

Just renaming the TVs and such to be small items you could carry around easily is a good idea. Metal detectors and totes would also be a cool way of explaining the current system, especially if combined with security cameras that could spot you pulling guns out of your large tote bags. Or walking around with the guns, or smashing doors, or stealing things, or spraypainting tags on the wall, or...

Sleight of hand could model your ability to slip watches and PDAs into your bags without letting cameras see you, and move small weapons to and from the bags without being seen. Perhaps there could be bathrooms or something where you could go and manage your inventory without worrying about being spotted. Maybe less important when whipping out assault rifles, but if you're changing clothes for some reason, stripping naked in the lobby to change clothes might cause an alarm.

Of course, some places wouldn't have cameras. Apartments, you could burglarize freely without risk of causing alarm from cameras, but trespassing there is already instant alarm if you run into anyone (because... you're in their home... no amount of disguise skill is going to convince them you're their spouse).

JT

• Bay Watcher
  • Explosively Canadian
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jtgibson.ca/df/
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2008, 09:31:00 pm »

However, a quick Seduction roll could convince them you're a group of plumbers, a pizza delivery troupe, or a paid team of doms.  Then come the steamy windows.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'" --George Carlin

Aquillion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2008, 03:19:00 am »

There could be some hilarious messages for things your group attempts to convince them, though.

"Thinking quickly, Michael tells the housewife that you are her spouse!  Yes, all of you.  The housewife screams for help..."

We don't want another cheap fantasy universe, we want a cheap fantasy universe generator. --Toady One
Pages: 1 [2]