Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [LCS] A place for all our knowledge.  (Read 1976 times)

The Moonlit Knight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[LCS] A place for all our knowledge.
« on: February 28, 2008, 02:05:00 am »

Well, I'm wondering if maybe we can set up some kind of thread where we put all our knowledge and strategies of the game into one place.

Or, if enough people are interested, I could set up a free wiki thing, which might be better for those purposes. What does everyone think of that idea?

And on the topic of game knowledge: does anyone know what the hell all the skills do? Sleight of Hand? Religion? "Gangsterism"?

A man once said to me, "If you want superpowers, all you have to do is take acid and you'll have any superpower you want." He then asked if I had just, at that moment, shaved half my face; I revealed that as being my superpower. Being suddenly and inexplicably half-shaven.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Re: [LCS] A place for all our knowledge.
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2008, 04:51:00 am »

wiki is a superior choice.

sleight of hand does nothing.
religion and gangsterism are both used during interrogation (if yours is lower than the subjects he get to laugh at you about it. Of course after you stop feeding him for a few days he will see the error of his ways   ;) ). as od science and business.

I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

BishopX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2008, 08:21:00 am »

Isn't gangersterism related to selling brownies too?

Cooking reduces the cost of groceries.
First aid lets you heal members in safe houses but also stabilize people in combat.
All forms of Legal fund raising raise the associated skill up to five.

Volunteering disperses heat, slowly.

Police sleepers can give you a warning about imminent raids.
Judge sleepers can help during Trails and directly affect some issues.
Sleepers lawyers are better than court defenders.

The religion, gangsterism, law, Business and Science skills of everyone interrogating a hostage help.

What's the difference between stealth and disguise?

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2008, 09:45:00 am »

Dont put high juice ( and otherwise high heat) people onto soliciting donations.
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2008, 11:20:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Torak:
<STRONG>Dont put high juice ( and otherwise high heat) people onto soliciting donations.</STRONG>
... unless they have a high street sense. and even then if he is guilty of several dozen murders it will still be a bad idea.

stealth (I think) makes you get less attention, but is useless when you have already triggered an alarm. also disguise is not used if you lack an actual disguise (green or yellow clothes... maybe just green).

I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Vengeful Donut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2008, 12:23:00 pm »

You can use disguise when in the red, but not nearly as well.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2008, 12:57:00 pm »

If your weapon is yellow when on site, it will be harmful to your disguise rolls. If your weapon is red, it is illegal, and will cause instant panic when people see it. Depending on your disguise, weapons might be hidden under the clothing or look more normal, which can take weapons that would otherwise be yellow or red and turn them back into green.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2008, 01:44:00 am »

Table of clothing and weapon coverage:

code:

M4 Carbine: Army uniform( and armor), Police Uniform(and armor)
Ak47: No cover.
M16: Army Uniform(and armor)
Shotgun: Trenchcoat, Guard Uniform, Police Uniform(and armor)
9mm Semi-Automatic: Any clothes and/or armors
.22 Revolver: Any clothes and/or armors
.45 Semi-Automatic: Any clothes and/or armors
.44 Magnum: Any clothes and/or armors

[ March 01, 2008: Message edited by: Torak ]

As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2008, 07:00:00 am »

No good on AK-47 actually -- soldiers don't use them in the US, so you still look suspicious.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2008, 12:38:00 pm »

also MP5 -P/A armor or uniform (maybe)

Twerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2008, 01:07:00 pm »

Street sense greatly lowers the chance that you'll be arrested when out selling brownies, vandalizing, etc. and also greatly raises your chances of finding a car.

Sports cars are fast and easy to find, but ridiculous to control.

Writing is damn slow to level... same for driving, though I've never actually seen THAT level. >.>

If you're going to have hackers, or are going to have some people sell brownies, see to it that they have fairly low wisdom, and you may want to teach them law and persuasion so they can economically hold their own when/if they get caught.

Getting arrested is not always a bad thing-- look at it as a way to completely abolish all your heat. Unless you break out of jail, or kill LOTS of people. In which case, hope you get a sleeper judge.

[ March 01, 2008: Message edited by: Twerty ]

Free-to-play games are like the fountains in NetHack. At first, they look refreshing, but when you approach snakes pour out and eat you.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2008, 02:12:00 pm »

fun fact: if you have 8 (or was it 12?) sleeper judges, one will come up every time!

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2008, 03:57:00 pm »

NPCs aren't very smart, even when you're shooting; they can't tell the difference between the AR-15 and M16. Since the AR-15 is legal at Conservative gun control level, you can take advantage of this to get away with carrying assault rifles around in public earlier than you could with any other weapon. The biggest difficulty is just in getting the guns in the first place.

Twerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2008, 06:11:00 pm »

Lack the necessary skill in Business, Religion or otherwise to interrogate someone? Use drugs! You could be talking about spiders and they'd agree that the Mona Lisa is green.

LSD: Smart people take it because then they don't see stupid people.

Free-to-play games are like the fountains in NetHack. At first, they look refreshing, but when you approach snakes pour out and eat you.