Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: LCS interface  (Read 1416 times)

flap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
LCS interface
« on: June 09, 2007, 10:41:00 am »

What do you people, think of LCS interface ?

Well. I am new to LCS. Tried it a while agoe, but didn't go very far.

With the new version, I am back into. And really, I fell that interface is not Toady's strong point !

While I am trying to organise my ideas to give some suggestions for interface improvement, I would be interrested in having your opinion...

[ June 09, 2007: Message edited by: flap ]

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
Re: LCS interface
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2007, 12:03:00 pm »

Well, LCS is intended to be a parody of the game Oublette, which guided some of his decisions on interface design. :P

I don't have any suggestions, primarily because I'm used to it, but I will say this. If the interface was overhauled, it could make it easier to add new features. As it is, every time I want to add something to the [a]ctivation screen, or to the store, I need to think about a new unassigned letter. It's not that bad, but it's something to think about.

flap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LCS interface
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2007, 12:19:00 am »

Have been playing a bit more.

Well, it is not that bad. True. In fact there are plenty of good things, but I often fell that things should fit much better together. That is the navigation between the different screens. Maybe some keys should always have the same usage on each screen...

Well, I fell that it really needs some thinking. The bad point is that myself am leaving 3 weeks to work in a nickel mine (no joke here). So might not have much time to work on it soon...