Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: LCS v3.11.2 Released!  (Read 4702 times)

Grundee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
LCS v3.11.2 Released!
« on: June 23, 2007, 04:49:00 pm »

Liberal Crime Squad version 3.11.2 has been released. Download this new release from the SourceForge page:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/lcsgame/

This version contains many bug fixes and a ton of new features including:
* Redesign of the entire Liberal Guardian system.
* Changes in the court system, including counts of offenses.
* Changes with driving skill.
* Defense bonuses during chases (feature requested by Xotes).
* Option for default naming during kidnapping and dating.
* And many more features/fixes.

For a full list, see the release notes: http://sourceforge.net/project/shownotes.php?group_id=198808&release_id=518231

In addition to the source package, binary packages are available for the following:
Windows (.zip)
Linux:
 Debian
 RPM
 Slackware

If you encounter any bugs or have a cool idea for a new feature, please post them on our sourceforge.net tracker (http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=198808).
Features can also be discussed on the Bay 12 Games forum.

[ June 23, 2007: Message edited by: Grundee ]

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
Re: LCS v3.11.2 Released!
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2007, 05:33:00 pm »

Screenshot!
http://sourceforge.net/project/screenshots.php?group_id=198808&ssid=62013

[ June 23, 2007: Message edited by: Jonathan S. Fox ]

Xotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2007, 07:05:00 pm »

A. W00T! B. YES! I've helped! (somewhat). C. THIS VERSION ROCKS!

[ June 23, 2007: Message edited by: Xotes ]

Quote from: Josephus
"Compatibility mode", dude. If he tries running it under "capatability mode" some terrible thing involving elder gods will probably happen.
Quote from: Aqizzar
You say that like it's not a good time to discuss weird people. It's always a good time to discuss weird people.
Quote from: freeformschooler
I was like, ha, this looks like a pretty dumb and boring game. I was so wrong. Gentlemen, I have discovered true fun.

ussdefiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2007, 10:55:00 pm »

three comments/requests

1. Thxs for the New Version

2. Did you up the chances for being spotted or something? I've had 6 people with complete green clothes in the cosmetics lab and the first 4 encounters looked at me suspicously (despite me not having done anything) and the next sounded the alarm after i stole one square of goods.

3. (Related to above) Can we have the option to tag in Our Elite Liberal Lawyers and Judges we've seduced to represent us in Court cases, instead of relying on trying to get a sleeper?

[ June 24, 2007: Message edited by: ussdefiant ]

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2007, 12:22:00 am »

Yes, it's more difficult to sneak around now, although that may have been in an earlier release too. This was part of a broader attempt to reform the stealth game, which included putting loot and special locations in secured areas. If you stay in the unsecured area of a building that is open to the public and do nothing wrong, you'll probably be okay, but otherwise, your people with low disguise skill are pretty bad at "keeping cool" under pressure. Your best chance is to tap an actor, professional thief, or stealth archetype (A) founder, and have them go in solo so there's nobody to make them look bad. Do that, and you'll probably see a marked improvement in stealth performance. Otherwise, you'll tend to want to make grab and dash style burglaries until you develop enough disguise skill. Fortunately, it also increases more than twice as fast as it used to.  :)

Also new is that if you pick up everything not nailed down, you'll be very suspicious, and the same is also true if you start messing around with locked doors, freeing prisoners, breaking machinery, freeing animals, etc.. The more funny business happening on site, the less likely people are to let you walk by without giving you a closer look. All in all, the goal is to make it actually feel like you're sneaking around the place, up to no good, and actually have to think about your actions while there, who you're going to bring along, and how far you want to get from the door.

Seduced recruits are too unstable to leave in their jobs, and the Conservatives would catch onto their obsession and cast them out. Or at least, that's the reasoning for not letting you automatically turn every person you seduce into a sleeper. And if they're not a sleeper, they leave their old career behind forever, and presumably the lawyer loses their law license at some point in the process of walking out on their job and joining a criminal gang too.

The difficulty of getting a sleeper lawyer helps to balance out the fact that they're extremely powerful.

Xotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2007, 12:50:00 am »

Just a quick bug report,

My founder's leg got shot off in another car chase. I pulled over, and the papers said that "The entire squad was killed by conservetives(sp?)."

My guy lived, so you can see why I think this is a bug.

Quote from: Josephus
"Compatibility mode", dude. If he tries running it under "capatability mode" some terrible thing involving elder gods will probably happen.
Quote from: Aqizzar
You say that like it's not a good time to discuss weird people. It's always a good time to discuss weird people.
Quote from: freeformschooler
I was like, ha, this looks like a pretty dumb and boring game. I was so wrong. Gentlemen, I have discovered true fun.

Grundee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2007, 12:09:00 pm »

I have seen that a few people are downloading the Debian and RPM packages. How are those working out? I don't have a Debian or RPM-based system around to test them on, so I just have to hope that the program I am using (checkinstall) is making the packages correctly.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2007, 02:37:00 pm »

By the way, thanks for the bug report Xotes, it's been added to the SourceForge tracker.

Gaulgath

• Bay Watcher
  • ♪ Gold gold gold gold ♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2007, 03:34:00 pm »

Awesome, new version of LCS! One thing I noticed: in the "make clothing" menu "Expensive Dress" is missing the 'i'. Not that it really matters. I can't win this game anyway. :P

[ June 24, 2007: Message edited by: Gaulgath ]

Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • From a time before a time before time
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2007, 07:47:00 pm »

I just found a crash bug.  There were about 7 court cases at the end of the month, some won, some lost.  When the Glorious Liberals were free from captivity, they lost touch with LCS. For about 3 of them, it said they went into hiding.  After the last report, the game crashed.

Xavior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2007, 10:59:00 pm »

Overall I am quite happy! Though I think disguise should raise even faster than it does in the earlier levels. Before I could send rookies out to sneak around, and after a few goes they would have enough juice that they'd stop screwing up so much, and that seemed to make sense, now anyone who doesn't have disguise will get caught constantly and never manage to be competent even after several outings :-/.  I also think the weaker internet version of the Liberal Guardian should still be there. I loved the Liberal Blog thing  :D

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2007, 10:34:00 am »

Demon, if you have a save game file from right before the crash, that would be really helpful. I'm not really sure what would have caused the problem you described.

Edit: We can make disguise rise faster. If there's a blog, I don't think it should be able to do news articles, maybe just editorials based on public interest, at half effectiveness or something.

[ June 25, 2007: Message edited by: Jonathan S. Fox ]

Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • From a time before a time before time
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2007, 12:55:00 pm »

I don't backup any saves and when I started LCS again, it deleted the save.dat that was in the folder.  If I get any more crashes, I'll be sure to make a copy of it.  

Someone (sorry, can't recall) told me that it was probably an incarnation of the bug where people that go into hiding continue doing their activites, which is on sourceforge already.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2007, 01:18:00 pm »

That could be it, particularly if they were tending to a hostage that was rescued in the raid.

Tommy2U

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2007, 01:29:00 pm »

Thanks for a new version! I posted the following on a bug tracker, but perhaps someone here can help me:

"Playing under Windows 98SE, I find keyboard unresponsive. The game reacts
to alphanumeric keys only when they're pressed for a longish time - ca. 0.5
second. Arrow keys, tab, return seem to work fine. "

That's Install Planetary Overlord, not Initial Public Offering.
Pages: [1] 2 3