Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: LCS v3.11.2 Released!  (Read 4699 times)

Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • From a time before a time before time
    • View Profile
Re: LCS v3.11.2 Released!
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2007, 06:00:00 pm »

I'm definately enjoying getting back to LCS.  Found another bug, but this time I emailed the save and symptomes to Jonathan.

Keiseth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2007, 07:56:00 pm »

Thanks a lot for all your work, Jonathan! I haven't got much time to play LCS or DF, I'm hoping to sit down quietly tonight and work on preventing a BACKWOODS YET CORPORATE NIGHTMARE. With violence!

=)

I'm particularly happy about the reworked stealth. Wish Toady could get free time to try your update, too, but that looks difficult what with him moving and working madly on DF.

*Edit*

Got to try it. This version is very yes. Although it was a bad time to choose to start with an assault rifle... I thought about it and decided assault rifles are harder to come by then security uniforms or $1000.

[ June 26, 2007: Message edited by: Keiseth ]

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2007, 05:38:00 pm »

Tommy2U -- just hearing it, I kind of suspect that the problem with it being unresponsive is not part of Liberal Crime Squad, though I honestly don't know.

Keiseth -- assault rifles are a fun starting item. You can technically always stash them in your inventory if you really want to sneak around and still be armed, but that can sometimes feel a little like cheating.   :o

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2007, 07:07:00 pm »

Liberal Crime Squad

Live free or don't!

Aquillion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2007, 10:43:00 pm »

Hrm...  regarding defense bonuses in car chases...

Perhaps some cars should give better bonuses?  Say, bulletproof mafia cars could give a big bonus, while convertibles could give smaller ones.  Naturally, cars could also be ranked on speed and handling...  a car that handles worse is more likely to get into an accident at high speeds, particularly with an inexperienced driver.  Perhaps they could be ranked on conspicuousness, too...

We don't want another cheap fantasy universe, we want a cheap fantasy universe generator. --Toady One

Tommy2U

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2007, 05:17:00 pm »

Re: keyboard, it works really erraticaly, generally it takes several keystrokes or a key pressed and held for 0.5 seconds for the game to recognise an alphanumeric key pressed.
Arrow keys, tab, enter work fine, the keyboard also works fine in other programs, including LCS 3.09. I tried messing aroung with system settings for keybord character repeat, to no avail.
Have you changed anything regarding keyboard input in the code? There was some bit about recognising AZERTY layout IIRC.
That's Install Planetary Overlord, not Initial Public Offering.

Spelguru

• Bay Watcher
  • Rabid Swedish Person
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2007, 10:32:00 am »

How goes the quest for the next version?
Got Ninja?
Orkz Orkz Orkz Orkz, Orkz Orkz Orkz Orkz... WAAAAAGH!
NHP (Non human pact. Copy and paste if you are going to destroy all human-like creatures in spore.)

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2007, 08:30:00 pm »

On hold until this weekend probably. Grundee and I are both pretty busy during the week. We were going to release some bug fixes Monday but I was studying and never got around to it. As it turns out there's a critical bug that Grundee detected today, probably resulting from one of the things I did, so it's probably just as well that we didn't do a bug fix release yet, as it basically would have been "download this to make your game less playable".   :(

Once we get that cleared up and have time to get the new version set up there should be an update, but at the moment it won't have any cool features yet, just fixing stuff (like saves not getting deleted in Linux when you die, and a lot of the bugs people reported since the last version came out).

[ July 04, 2007: Message edited by: Jonathan S. Fox ]

bbb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2007, 07:02:00 am »

re: keyboard...

I'm pretty sure there was no such problem with the 3.09 or whatever version it was before.

it's not that it's just slow... it's that it's erratic.

an example would be... you are in the juice stand or something... hit a direction.. nothing happens.. hit a few times.. and whoops.. you've exited the area..

basically unplayable.

... the other strange thing is the assign task bit.. for example, you can tell you guy to tend to a hostage.. fine... goes to the money screen, fine.. then it goes right back to the assign task screen with nothing assigned... repeat a few times and it might just work out.

did it used to require capital letters to assign commands? can't remember as it has been a while back.

Spelguru

• Bay Watcher
  • Rabid Swedish Person
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2007, 09:21:00 am »

The juice stand and it's friends are EVIL places. Basically since they are just flat squares surrounded by exits, you can't see that you've moved unless you check the map with each step. Or bump into the exits.
Got Ninja?
Orkz Orkz Orkz Orkz, Orkz Orkz Orkz Orkz... WAAAAAGH!
NHP (Non human pact. Copy and paste if you are going to destroy all human-like creatures in spore.)

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2007, 10:13:00 am »

Would you mind downloading 3.09 and testing to make sure that the keyboard problems don't happen there, then telling me how it goes? I'd do it myself, but that would be kind of pointless, since I'm not having the problem in the first place.  :(

bbb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2007, 12:01:00 pm »

d/led... and 3.09 is what one would call... lightning fast.

an example would be this... with 3.09, you breeze through the character building quiz

with 3.11.3
well... hit the keys a billion times and you won't even know what you just answered. (haven't tried the versions in between..)

---
forget what i said about capital keys.. it's to do with... keys being unresponsive.. and confusing the matter.

bbb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2007, 12:04:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Spelguru:
<STRONG>The juice stand and it's friends are EVIL places. Basically since they are just flat squares surrounded by exits, you can't see that you've moved unless you check the map with each step. Or bump into the exits.</STRONG>

problem isn't it's open air.. so to speak. i look at the map when i walk.. that's fine.. problem is that either nothing happens or you take a few steps... after hitting the keys in frustration.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2007, 05:53:00 pm »

Hrn. 'Lightning fast' is the intended behavior. This is very difficult for me to help with because I have no way of reproducing the problem on my machine.

Are you also using Windows 98? Is there anyone with Windows 98 who can report NOT having this problem? I'm wondering if LCS is specifically not getting along with the Windows 98 console. Are you using a pre-compiled version, or did you build it from the source code? If you don't know, you're almost definitely using the pre-compiled version.

Tommy2U

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2007, 06:19:00 pm »

Bbb's keyboard problems look exactly the same as mine, described in my earlier posts.
I'm on Win 98SE.
That's Install Planetary Overlord, not Initial Public Offering.
Pages: 1 [2] 3