Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: LCS v3.11.2 Released!  (Read 4701 times)

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
Re: LCS v3.11.2 Released!
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2007, 07:15:00 pm »

Yeah, that's why I ask... wondering if you both have the same OS. I can't test on 98...

bbb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2007, 12:41:00 am »

win98 fe.. pII 300, etc..

not quite the same.. but similar enough..

what was changed between the versions?.. something must have....

(it's not the comp being slow.. otherwise "enter" would be unresponsive as well)

i don't build... i just d/l whatever is already compiled here.

=========
does it make any difference what you compile it with? eg.. if you take 3.09 and compile it with whatever it is that you compiled 3.11.x with... would it be different from the 3.09 on the bay12 page?

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2007, 01:54:00 am »

I will try compiling the original 3.09 code from source sometime later when I have the time, so that you can test to see if that's the problem. If that version also runs slow we'll know that it has something to do with how I'm compiling, possibly with the way I'm using the PDcurses library (that last part doesn't have to mean anything to you, don't worry if it doesn't  :) ).

bbb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2007, 01:07:00 am »

sure thing.. no rush
-----
btw.. is it me.. or does anyone else find the number of safe houses.... too small? that's despite renting out the 6 apartments.

.... what about making "activities" assignable for a whole squad? eg... a tailor squad... instead telling every tailor to make the same thing over and over... (in 1 day)... assign a squad, then mass assign the thing you want made.. (obviously i'm not saying once in a squad you can't get them to do things individually)

Grundee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2007, 01:55:00 pm »

Many people are asking for "activity groups," groups of people that can all be made to engage in a certain activity at once without needing a squad.

Jonathan had another cool idea in the "How do I sell stuff" thread about having a leadership skill which affects the maximum amount of people you can have in your squad, check out that thread for more info.

[ July 17, 2007: Message edited by: Grundee ]

Pages: 1 2 [3]