Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [40d] Wrestler holding plate mail in hands.  (Read 865 times)

deadok

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
[40d] Wrestler holding plate mail in hands.
« on: September 08, 2008, 04:05:48 pm »

It looks like dwarfs don't like to fight with bare hands, it's too boring on smth:
Clicky-Savey http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=530

- Feb Shuth...whatever (3-d in military list) uses *Iron plate mail* in right hand (in addition to another *Iron plate mail* on upper body)
- L*r Olinshig*s (5-th in list) holds *Iron low boot* in left hand (spare wheel boot?.. I see...)
- Erush Esisbomrek (8th in list) wears mighty -Iron helm-.

Ah, got it, it's wrong game, mine's called "Powerdwarfs"(tm). In case of emergency they "Morphs" (tm) into allmighty "Megadorf"(tm) and pwn every hostile creature they oppose.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
Re: [40d] Wrestler holding plate mail in hands.
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2008, 04:09:27 pm »

When wrestlers wrestle an object off someone in DF, they usually proceed to beat everything to death with said object. It could be a weapon, shield, piece of armor, pigtail sock...

Usually it will be dropped if the Wrestler is un-recruited. But in adventurer mode, it's pretty funny when a drunk/giant/cyclops picks up an adamantine gauntlet and proceeds to rape the entire world with it.

So, that, or it could really be a bug...

deadok

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2008, 04:33:36 pm »

problem is, when you order them to switch to crossbows they won't drop anything they carry.
and another problem is - after such strip-sparring-session atlest half of your sqad is unequipped.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2008, 04:42:45 pm »

it's pretty funny when a drunk/giant/cyclops picks up an adamantine gauntlet and proceeds to rape the entire world with it.

Or an adventurer with the adventurer's masterwork deer leather pants.

Skizelo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2008, 04:45:36 pm »

I think you can get rid of the problem by dumping the thing and then reclaiming it.
I cant remember exactly, but I think they don't like to drop their weapons, so it just accumulates in their hands.

Pilsu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2008, 06:58:46 am »

I don't think they strip spar if you give them shields

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2008, 08:58:55 pm »

you should let him use it, while it's not a proper weapon, it still gets the superior and iron metal bonus, and a huge +damage from its huge size(really slow though)
imagine beating down a dragon with a platemail body? i mean comon, thats just badass.(i don't need a fricken weapon, i'll beat you to death with my armou!)

note that a shield counts as both a weapon and armour(for shield bashing using the shield skill)
i don't know if anything good comes from using it as your main weapon

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2008, 02:15:30 pm »

it's pretty funny when a drunk/giant/cyclops picks up an adamantine gauntlet and proceeds to rape the entire world with it.

Or an adventurer with the adventurer's masterwork deer leather pants.

Or an artifact coin.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!