Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Few Questions...  (Read 1102 times)

Pono

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Few Questions...
« on: May 08, 2004, 07:14:00 pm »

Is it good for ppl to know about the liberal crime squad... like if its at 100% is that helping you or making police know about you too?

How do I put important documents into a news paper and publish them...? and also how do i fine important documents... i found "police records" but i dont know what to do with them...and does "lab equipment" have anything to do with important documents?

Is it good for ppl to "Hold the LCS in high regard?"

Can there be a feature in the new version where you can save the maps you make? I notice i walk through a entire building, every nook and cranny, leave come back, and i cant see where i have been on the map... can there be like a "Map out location" feature or something? so you can kinda set up a kind of planned out robbery. I would like to be able to walk into a place and rob it clean, by knowing exactly what rooms have what..so i dont need to explore all over again.

I want to be able to assassinate a conservative president. heh

Where do i find these "important" conservative personnel? I read in the manual that "If you kidnap and indocrinate a important conservative that can have its good ways" something like that...

I noticed once when i entered the police station, i went to the control room. released the prisoners and i freed someone?
He seemed important cause the message said "You have freed So an So!"
and im like wtf mate?

more questions on the way...believe me...
heh

[ May 09, 2004: Message edited by: Pono ]

Floydman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://securit.iquebec.com,www.gemini-9.com
Re: Few Questions...
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2004, 12:47:00 pm »

I'm gonna help ToadyOne while he sleeps by trying to answer a couple of your questions based on my own experiences with the game and all I've read yesterday in this forum:

I think that getting well-known, and in high regard, by 100% of the population is one of the steps needed to win the game.  You also have to raise public opinion to 100% on all of the issues too, I think.  As for police raids, you can try to make them less often by staying as legal as you can, but sooner or later you'll have to make some illegal actions and changing hideouts becomes another way to avoid raids.

To publish documents you've found, simply buy a printing press in one of your locations (browse between your locations by pressing z on the main screen, and then press I to invest in this location (not available for the homeless shelter)).  You can also pawn files to the pawn shop for some money (1000$ for regular files, 1500$ for CIA files), but I think selling these items increases the chance for a police raid.

You can find "important" people by walking by on locations where you have high-chances of meeting them: ie Latte Cafe, Corporate HQ, even sometimes the Internet Cafe, this kind of public places.  Some people will be Corporate Manager, CEO's, Author, Anchorman, lawyers, judges, etc...

If you have some people that have been arrested and you go to free them (either in the Police Station, the Courthouse or the Prison, depending on where they are in the judiciary system), they will get back to your team.  Freed people that are in good health will join your squad if there is room for them, or else they will simply join back the compound.  If they were tortured or on hunger strike, then they will need someone to carry them in order to escape.  So, if you have 4 arrested people, all tortured or on hunger strike, and your squad is only 2 people, you'll have to go there twice to free them all.

I agree with you that parts of a building that have been explored should remain so, but maybe the map could blur itself with time, so that you need to explore the building every now and then to keep the map fresh?  This would cover the fact that some equipment/items could have been moved over time, but the building layout remains essentially the same.

I'd also love to be able to take a shot at the president, either in a setup à la JFK, or either by raiding the whitehouse.  Raiding the whitehouse should be very difficult though, and needs a lot of firepower and preparation.  It should be much harder than, say, powering off the nuclear station, for example.

Pono

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2004, 07:15:00 pm »

Well thank you my good man
o yea anyone can post there questions here too... :)

Pono

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2004, 01:31:00 pm »

Umm... another question.

i just went to the jail and got some shivs (shanks) and i have a question

i noticed that Shank X 2 means 2 shanks
but what is

Shank (217)
hmm? this is also with the crowbars too.... what is it?

Guard Dog shouts "FATHER! Why have you forsaken me?" and dies in a heap.
LMAO ^

[ May 13, 2004: Message edited by: Pono ]