Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 26

Author Topic: Evolution: Not a debate, a forum game -3- (For Reals)  (Read 56125 times)

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Evolution: Not a debate, a forum game -3- (For Reals, Need Players)
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2008, 06:45:23 pm »

Might a different breed of fungus.  This is a sort of symbiotic affair.  But of course, if we have overlapping territory... who can say?

Ohhh, this should be fun.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Nonanonymous

• Bay Watcher
  • A blithering idiot
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2008, 06:50:21 pm »

I'm suddenly reminded of the exceptionally polite creature that arose from sheer filth in that one episode of ATHF.

Also, about this.
Players can invent whatever incidental wildlife you like (no powergaming), and strategically useful lifeforms will be introduced as events.

How exactly will this work out?  Will there be some sort of determining factors needed to see how many EP of farming or domestication are needed to utilize an individual species invented by the player?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 06:53:08 pm by Nonanonymous »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2008, 07:20:45 pm »

Glad to see the game is still going strong. I wish I had of had the time to implement half the things I thought up, but alas....time is no mans friend.

I had such big plans for you guys....

heh heh heh maybe it was for the best  ;)
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2008, 07:22:50 pm »

You were going to make the LHC?

I invest 5 EP in the LHC!

Also, my species is posted in my first post. Shrike will now be the electric zerglings of the land!
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2008, 07:54:05 pm »

Also, Chibor, you have about 32 points left to spend (you spent 30 on Breeding and 8 on other aspects, I believe.)
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

Sir Edmund

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2008, 08:00:12 pm »

Ammp

edit: oh and there about 2-4 feet long and can be almost any colour though ginger and black are most common

The Ammp's have lived on land for many genarations, living off the plants that flourish. They have  two head's, one large and one small. The large head has a big maw with many blunt molars for grinding food. The large and small head features a single eye on each and a pair of short ears  othelarger head. The second smaller head is used to suck up liquid and mud which it then vomits onto plants as fertiliser. it can also sprey water about 3 metres from this head but this is used mainly for recreation.

When the liquid sacks are full a Ammp vaugely resembles a very fat pig(with two head o'course), when deflated the Ammp's resemble something akin to a very thin two headed pig.

breeding: default for game, litter of one life of 20 or so years

Starting Areans: H-19 Forest
                       H-20 Forest
                       I-17 Mountain
                       I-19 Forest

Physical Traits:

10ep digging - the paws of an Ammp are made for digging

10 ep liquid sacks - the Ammp can carry water and mud in sacks located under the skin on the flanks of the creature which they can then vomit out when desired.

10 ep language - The Ammp are able to send up warning signals and communicate plans(such as warren design)to one another though there langauge lacks emotional expressions. It consists of grunt's fromthe large head and long whistles from the small head.

Civil Traits

10ep warrens -  Ammp's live in warrens above there farm's with built in choke points leading
onto larger chambers. these warrens are usually made near sources of water

20ep farming - The Ammp are great farmer's, collecting seeds in there liquid sack and vomiting
them with ready made fertiliser. An Ammp's mate is chosen by the size of its salad patch.

i may edit my description but i won't edit my traits methinks. i loved the last game of evolution, hope this one lasts  ;D. Also have i done everything right?.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 11:00:04 am by Sir Edmund »
EE
E@E
EEE

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2008, 08:52:57 pm »

Also, Chibor, you have about 32 points left to spend (you spent 30 on Breeding and 8 on other aspects, I believe.)

Have any suggestions then? I can't think of any.

Tuv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2008, 10:01:34 pm »

Any chance of me getting in as a species instead of a god? god-powers give me a rash.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2008, 10:06:49 pm »

Yeah, in regards to updating stuff - If you were a god, you can be a species instead.  If you were in the last thread, please rebuild your species/god as you like it and repost here.  New players - check out the map and choose some spaces to start in (you'll get four automatically).  Reminder to old players - you guys get 90 points, mainly because NonAnon and me had like a hundred, and I wanted to give the vets a little boost.  New players, you shouldn't worry, we wound up with a spread from 65-105 in five turns.  It's all pretty abstract.

EDIT: I've clarified some wording in the first post, and put up the map in the second.  Have to sleep now and go to class, will sort out the Species and Gods and put them in the second post this afternoon.  This will probably be all the grace period needed.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 04:47:00 am by Aqizzar »
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2008, 05:04:33 am »

not really. abilities over level 10 cost 2 EP per point, and ones over 20 cost 3. the leftover EPs thus total 2. I'd improve speed and weapons 1 each, but it's up to the penguin.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Gantolandon

• Bay Watcher
  • He has a fertile imagination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2008, 05:42:18 am »

Here is my god... If you need any other info, just let me know.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2008, 05:59:18 am »

Aye, thought he had 20 ranks in Breeding, must've misread them as 30.  Added desired start squares.

That said; Good gods, Penguin!  This world is going to be overrun with a plague o' Chibors! 
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 06:06:13 am by Iituem »

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2008, 06:26:09 am »

Updated first post of mine.

I guess the Shrike migrated through rivers to the plains Now with closer contact to other species!
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2008, 07:01:07 am »

Right, updated. It shall be fun going to war with both the Plantwe and the Nahuantl. And are you still implimenting that whole General Ideas? Cause it'll be fun having a new one... every... single... round. :D

Draigh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2008, 08:43:11 am »

Just edited my post on the first page with my race.
No Gods for my people yet, so any Gods out there are free to try and convince them.

The Kadesh are close to my starting position. Could become fun... :)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 26