Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 26

Author Topic: Evolution: Not a debate, a forum game -3- (For Reals)  (Read 56237 times)

omagaalpha

• Bay Watcher
  • positve infinite
    • View Profile
Re: Evolution: Not a debate, a forum game -3- (For Reals)
« Reply #300 on: October 11, 2008, 07:59:43 pm »

Well if I had number system & work whole for cacluating stuff for game  I would be willing help easy the burdon. Maybe then I be able develop it to point that make all the maths stuff automatic for easy of use  :).
Quote from: Jetsquirrel
Announce that i saw the whole creation of hte universe! and hold the monolith again
|The monolith is alive! And seemingly annoyed by your hugs. Or maybe static electricity of some kind that for some reason didn’t hit you last time.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: October 12, 2008, 03:51:50 am »

*runs in*

Believe it or not, I'm still committed to this.  However I'm more committed to covering my ass than not giving myself reasons to do so.  Spoilered for whining-

Spoiler: Lots o Ass Cover (click to show/hide)

The really sad part is, I probably won't get a chance to do anything until Monday (but I can finish then).  If you'd all prefer, I can hand over the materials to someone else to make the next turn - certainly an infusion of different thinking would spice things up.  But I'd love to continue running the game now that things are finally getting to the good stuff.  That said, I've already been splitting responsibility with Iituem for the population numbers, and I've got no problem with getting help when my schedule gets nuked by consequential concerns, as will likely happen again.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: October 12, 2008, 04:04:14 am »

so... should we pick someone to run Evolution: Not a debate, a forum game IV (this time it's for true)? ;D

I think the only reason comments such as this occured was due to the lack of posts from Aqizzar.  Hope things get better for our glorious GM!

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: October 12, 2008, 04:36:25 am »

Believe it or not, I'm still committed to this.
that is all I needed to hear. take your time.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

omagaalpha

• Bay Watcher
  • positve infinite
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: October 12, 2008, 03:23:25 pm »

..... That said, I've already been splitting responsibility with Iituem for the population numbers, and I've got no problem with getting help when my schedule gets nuked by consequential concerns, as will likely happen again.
As long as I know you are still commited to this it nice. But I willing help yous make easyier work for figure out numbers.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Announce that i saw the whole creation of hte universe! and hold the monolith again
|The monolith is alive! And seemingly annoyed by your hugs. Or maybe static electricity of some kind that for some reason didn’t hit you last time.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: October 13, 2008, 01:56:29 am »

there was a posted excel sheet on battle and pop.growth mechanics about 5-7 pages back.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: October 13, 2008, 05:14:06 am »

I think thing game should be published, with Faulkners permission ofc. It'd do well.

omagaalpha

• Bay Watcher
  • positve infinite
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: October 13, 2008, 06:03:04 am »

there was a posted excel sheet on battle and pop.growth mechanics about 5-7 pages back.
I Was not sure if they still use same sheet since does not seem automatical enough to me .
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 01:31:38 pm by omagaalpha »

Shikogan

• Bay Watcher
  • Comically insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: October 15, 2008, 02:49:41 am »

okay since this is the third GM we've run through in this game, i suggest we get multiple GM's happening each responsible for a certain thing, one die rolls, another RP or stuff like that, turns might not be as good if done with a single one but a hell of a lot faster and they won't stress out and kill themselves like our other ones have... ;D

oh and Aq, whens the turn going to be done approx?
Arguing on the internet is like running in the special Olympics; even if you win you're still retarded.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: October 15, 2008, 06:19:19 am »

you can roll dies automatically (F.E. though excel macros). However I like the idea of co-GMing for 2 reasons. one is straightforward- it would ease the load on the GM. the other is that when we lose a GM we'll still have the other one around to temporarily keep the game going while we look for a new one.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: October 15, 2008, 08:53:36 am »

Hey guys, Slacky McUpdate here.

As is, we already have multiple GMs.  I haven't touched the population math yet - that and the map are all Iituem.  But having some backup for when things take too long isn't a bad idea either.  The time-consuming parts are sorting out the math and writing responses, but that's due more to my working style than anything else really.

However, since I can't seem to get anything else done, I've set aside tonight as my deadline.  I figure I've really only got a few hours of work to do.  I've been wrong before of course, but I'm tired of letting this game loom over me when it should be the easiest thing on my to-do list.
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: October 15, 2008, 09:13:31 am »

Man, this game shouldn't be looming over you. Its no where near as important as RL stuff. Do it when your ready, not when others want it. for the sake of educationmanation!

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: October 17, 2008, 11:51:32 pm »

Despite my best efforts to make a liar of myself, I actually somehow managed to write all this crap.  I know like four people still care, but hey, update.  EDIT: Post is now complete, consider Turn 2 over, Turn 3 has begun.  No major turn event - I think I'll save that for every other turn, or whenever I feel like it.  I'll pass the population specifics on to Iituem to work up.  If I don't hear from him, now that he's got his own Evolution game to deal with, I'll do it myself... soon?  The list post will be updated tomorrow.

So, I've got a new success roll system.  Every turn, the RNG roll will be: ( ( total EP of all players ) / number of players ) centered on 0; divided into fifths, the middle fifth being Middling, the next fifths out being Poor/Fair, the last fifths Bad/Good, and beyond that being Terrible/Great.  So for this turn, the RNG rolls between -55 and 55, with a scale of X<-55<-33<-11<11<33<55<X.  What this essentially means is that doing things you continue to specialize in will get more dependable, but not terribly easier, while anyone can attempt anything with a fair chance of succeeding or failing.  Obviously the only way to get a terrible result will be doing something you're not invested in with significant situational penalties, but that's fine.  My GM judgment takes the RNG result into account as much as the final total when coming up with effects.

I started adding Language to everything before realizing that I need to change my idea about what it's good for.  From now on, Language is good for inventing/investigating new stuff and to a lesser degree exploration.  Organization (and Hierarchy, Castes, etc.) is good for coordinated activity and also exploration to a degree.  I gave some partial help from Language to the things I used to as adjustment for this turn.  I'm realizing that without defined rules for abilities, I have have to decide on a case by case basis what's useful and how.  C'est la maîtrise, but I suppose sometime I'll try writing down a list of defined actions and additives.

New rule for Gods and Power Points – appeals for action from worshipers give bonuses to Godly success rolls.  PP gained is only from population, at 1 per 10000 equivalent individuals.

A lot of wild rolls this time around.  I did Tuv first, and just to test my luck rolled a bunch more times – out of ten rolls, one was positive.  Then I got to penguin who broke the bank.  I'm using the custom RNG program at Math Goodies, if anyone knows a more apparently random random program, I'll try switching.

Turn Event
All species population growth will be hampered this turn by the disastrous weather last turn.  Related actions, if successful, reduce this penalty.

Species

Umgran

Lanlar

Plantwe

Chibor

Ahkarii

Jhiar'd

Shrike

Yrb

Kadesh

Nahuantl

Gods

Nevon

Lukut Cush Lhac

Euchre

Omega Alpha

Andrea

War

Nahuantl Raid Jhiar'd at Q-17

Diplomacy

Plantwe and Jhiar'd

Shrike Seek Kadesh
« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 05:42:11 pm by Aqizzar »

Shikogan

• Bay Watcher
  • Comically insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: October 18, 2008, 01:42:45 am »

This is a very good turn Aq ;D i was checking this topic daily in the hope that you had done the turn.
EP

Actions
« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 01:55:13 am by Shikogan »
Arguing on the internet is like running in the special Olympics; even if you win you're still retarded.

omagaalpha

• Bay Watcher
  • positve infinite
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: October 18, 2008, 07:17:43 am »

Wahoo finally now I just need wait until Tuv post his turn to before decided what I am going todo even thought still do not have any pp yet. :)
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 26