Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 26

Author Topic: Evolution: Not a debate, a forum game -3- (For Reals)  (Read 55800 times)

Draigh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Evolution: Not a debate, a forum game -3- (For Reals)
« Reply #330 on: October 19, 2008, 09:51:32 am »

The Lanlar Council looks upon one of their messengers who brings tidings of happenings around the area. The pests from the north are moving away, for now less a danger to food reserves in the area.They will surely come back at a later date when feeding seems to become scarce in their current habitat. Also other messengers come along to tell about the medium successes of the new colonies. When this news reaches the ears of the new generation, their blood for expansion boils once again and they too start exploring new areas. But a curious group decides to look further away then usual...

Shia and Tai are scouting ahead of the group. As they fly across the lands, they map the area and send it telepathically towards the others. Suddenly they see moving trees and plants below them, the interesting sight intrigues them. Tai flies closer to have a look while Shia keeps her distance. Both are cloaked in psycreative energy to make them look unimportant to the plants. As Shia informs the rest, plans are being made to start the new colony close to these interesting plants and to research them. Tai already seems to be doing just that as he flies closer and closer, but still remains at a slight distance. And so the research colony is born, next to the moving forests.

Ishma scouts the funny little creatures that seem to feed not only on the area they live in but also on themselves. They keep growing like vermin, and act like it too. He reports back to Ric who is in command of this mission, telling him that everyone is in position.
Then the new waves of coercion are being send out to the fragile minds, urging them onwards to feed on eachother and move north.

Spoiler: EPs (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 01:28:35 pm by Draigh »

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: October 19, 2008, 11:00:50 am »

Forgot to put the EP in the spoiler Draigh :P

Updated the goals for diplomacy :D Sorry for being ambiguous aboot it :D

Draigh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: October 19, 2008, 01:29:20 pm »

long day...
Glad to see this is still going strong though!

Even though its a bit slow at times ;)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: October 19, 2008, 01:30:45 pm »

The green chibor were chattering busily amongst themselves. Several generations ago, some chibor had decided that one green chibor wasn't enough to make decisions for the ever-growing chibor population. Therefore, several green chibor now lead them at a time.

Their self-domestication had worked. This not only gave them a new source of food, but got rid of some of the dumber chibor. The only problem was that some larger predators would come in search of the tasty chibor and would take down many of the regular chibor when in their territory. They instructed the breeders to specialize the tasty chibor's flavor, in order to make them appeal only to the chibor themselves.

There was another strange problem. The chibor in the southwest were moving themselves away from the areas with the Lar. The green chibor suspected that the Lar had strange powers beyond the chibor's comprehension (although it's not hard to be beyond the chibor's comprehension). They weren't scaring the chibor, just telling them to move. And the chibor were believing them. How odd.
The green chibor altered the minds of their own chibor to become resistant to any foreign thoughts that would be projected into their heads.

They could see that there was probably going to be conflict with the Lar, and didn't want that. But they valued their territory and decided to push forward as hard as they could.

The Aam had become strangely disorganized, like their leaders had been lost. The Chibor saw an opportunity in their farms, which they still kept. The chibor, still motivated primarily by hunger, were going to try to expand into their territory as well.

Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: EP (click to show/hide)

Draigh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: October 19, 2008, 03:33:33 pm »

The Lanlar's psychic prowess proves itself again.  Unseen and unknown, they coerce the Chibor into moving away from the their side of the forest, and even drive off some of the western Chibor already in the area.
Chibor May Not Spread to E-23, F-24, G-25; Populations Moved

I don't think your Chibor conciously know it were the Lanlar. In my last turn orders I told the birds would remain hidden and covert in their actions, both physically and mentally.
(else something went wrong there)

You know, I know
But the Chibor do not (yet) know it. :)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: October 19, 2008, 05:11:06 pm »

They suspect it. You know, these bird things seem special and powerful. Now the green ones see the other chibor running off when they know that there's actually food there. They make the connection. It's probable that some of the chibor have seen some of the Lanlar use their powers a bit, so they probably know that the Lanlar can do mysterious stuff.

But don't be surprised if the Lanlar get blamed for everything from now on. The normal Chibor don't know what's happening, but the greens are starting to be a bit paranoid.

Tuv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: October 19, 2008, 07:27:47 pm »

Keep out of mah color-coded Caste System that is starting to more and more reflect the ancient Hindu Varna Caste System!

Nonanonymous

• Bay Watcher
  • A blithering idiot
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: October 19, 2008, 08:32:06 pm »

Keep out of mah color-coded Caste System that is starting to more and more reflect the ancient Indian Varna Caste System!

Fix'd.  Caste system was developed independently from the Hindu faith.

Draigh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: October 20, 2008, 04:25:40 am »

But don't be surprised if the Lanlar get blamed for everything from now on. The normal Chibor don't know what's happening, but the greens are starting to be a bit paranoid.

Well... Maybe I should just make sure the greens stop being paranoid if they are getting to be an annoyance. :)
I'll probably be able to convince them, if needed...

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: October 20, 2008, 06:04:17 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

once again, i try to get worshippers.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: October 20, 2008, 04:36:12 pm »

That's it, Draigh, I'm sticking all my points into psy resistance next turn.

This will also help against the Yrb, which I expect to be delicious.

Draigh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: October 21, 2008, 04:00:48 pm »

Good luck
Who says that having a good psy resistance is good for your health though?
I use my psy powers to prevent bloodshed.. If you go against that.. then my hands are clean of any blood that flows.

(not that the Lanlar have any hands...)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: October 21, 2008, 05:07:57 pm »

Bloodshed? Are you so territorial that you can't be next to someone without pushing them away or killing them?

Nonanonymous

• Bay Watcher
  • A blithering idiot
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: October 21, 2008, 05:36:19 pm »

Well, considering the Chibor's population rates, I think he's more worried about being eaten out of house and home.

Draigh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: October 21, 2008, 07:35:49 pm »

indeed
just like I would be worried if a locusts swarm would land on my grain field. :)
I see those Chibor as pests, either they move away or they need to be taken care of before they leave a wasteland where nothing and nobody can live.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 26