Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Corin's Mystery Massacre  (Read 4620 times)

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: Corin's Mystery Massacre
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2004, 11:14:00 pm »

Just as an intro question, how fast is your processor, or how otherwise loaded was it?  I've noticed some similar problems with the dwarf game when I make it work too hard.

Are you running it in full screen?  I didn't test it at all in that mode.  On a hunch, I tried it just now, and I see the mouse cursor (I don't see the cursor in windowed mode).

The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Aquillion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2004, 09:15:00 am »

My processor is 2.4 ghz.  I wasn't running anything else, but I am still running Windows ME for some reason (gah), which might be part of the problem.

Also, I was running it in fullscreen.  Setting it to windowed mode made the cursor go away, though I still couldn't hold down the arrow keys to move.

We don't want another cheap fantasy universe, we want a cheap fantasy universe generator. --Toady One

Eagleon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2004, 01:06:00 pm »

Interesting... And fun... Also very frustrating.  :p Strange, too, which is good, yes.
Agora: open-source, next-gen online discussions with formal outcomes!
Music, Ballpoint
Support 100% Emigration, Everyone Walking Around Confused Forever 2044

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2004, 03:20:00 pm »

I've never tried to run any of my curses stuff under ME (just XP and 2000).  On the other hand, it could be the way I've implemented curses in real time isn't quite right, or there could be some kind of system specific bug in the PDCurses library.  I have no idea if that's the one I should be using in Windows or if there's a more stable one (I know the mouse commands are kind of crappy in PDCurses, at least in my implementation).

He he he.  There will be other unusual games in the future.  Maybe the distant future.  Why must chaining up animals be so annoying?  Pfft.

Floydman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://securit.iquebec.com,www.gemini-9.com
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2004, 02:21:00 pm »

Just for the info, I'm running the games on WinMe too.  I've mostly played LCS for now, and besides the "normal" bugs found in the game, I had no other problem running the game concerning my OS.  I also have th emouse thing, which is the normal behavior for DOS programs when run in full screen.  Maybe there is some function to turn it off on the API.

As for Corin, I've started the game a couple of times, there seems to be some problems with responsiveness like described above (I forgot my processor speed, but it should be more than enough to run a DOS game, it is a laptop of about 2 years old), but I still have to figure out pretty much everything onn this game.  I thought I'd find some pointers here...  No luck  :(

I guess it's back to the console then  ;)

« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2004, 07:35:00 am »

I was sitting here playing this figuring "I should ask on the forums how you play this" and then just suddenly *poof* I learned how to make stuff and fire upon those trixy foes! They will all die now! Atleast until another wall goes away and cyborgs swarm my unprotected citizens :P
here is no good or evil, there is only power and those to weak... Who the hell wrote this script! BAH! I''m going to my trailer. *walks off*
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2004, 11:37:00 am »

Ummmm, a few questions about the things you produce in the things you drag to the blue pool like thingie.

The Z button is fliers, so much I've understood, and the Q is weapons, but the rest I need some help with.

What do they all do? A and W seems to just stand there like walls, but is there any difference between them? E and D seems to be troops, and what does C do? It sure is expensive  :)

And if I buy the Q many times in a row, will the weapon strength improve? And if I switch weapons, will I lose the current strength or will it carry over to the new weapon type?

And how do you survive later on? Haven't finished one sector yet :P

Thanks in advance

TASD

here is no good or evil, there is only power and those to weak... Who the hell wrote this script! BAH! I''m going to my trailer. *walks off*

Jackalope

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2004, 01:40:00 pm »

Spoily-post I guess sorta, avert thine eyes!

It took me a while to figure out what you're supposed to do! :P Figured it out only by accident when I tried to drop one of those little blocks twice. A seems to be well.. some sort of wall I guess.. And W is a tower of sorts, because it shoots at the enemies. E and D are both troops, I think D is stronger but I'm only saying that because they seem to cost more energy. And C, I have no idea about that. I just build lots of towers, haven't finished a single sector yet because I usually end up getting uber-mobbed in the end. Need to figure out a new tactic.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2004, 03:38:00 pm »

C is harder to figure out -- some colors will be almost impossible to figure out until you figure out the easier colors.

You can email me or send me one of those private message things from the forum if you want to be spoiled.  My response time might be very crappy though -- I always forget to check my private messages.

« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2004, 08:47:00 am »

Yeah I also get ubermobbed, im gonna make like a 3room thick wall of only turrets, and watch the enemies break like water on rocks against my base  :)

Now, how do you send private topics? *begins clicking around and accidently ends up on FBI top10 wanted list*

Jackalope

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2004, 11:14:00 am »

I think they'll eventually break that. :P They can slowly chip down the forward turrets faster then you can place them back, that's what happened to me.  :(

Renaxer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2004, 04:58:00 pm »

Don't forget their fliers.. leaping over yer so called godlike walls.. and mowing down yer citizens... that's what happened to me..
oof
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2004, 09:23:00 am »

Actually I never tried a dual layer of turrets before, and I also placed a layer of normal walls before it, and my color was white. It would prolly have worked very well if the back door hadn't opened, since I had only gotten half-finished with one of the walls and the 3 others only had like 3 turrets each...
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2004, 12:59:00 pm »

Finally I win sector one, or will as soon as I finish off the last 2 barracks! I said screw walls, screw turrets, and simply spammed fliers! Right now Im collecting res to upgrade everything to the max, xept the one colour I lack! btw does upgrades apply to fliers?
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2004, 01:07:00 pm »

I defeated the almighty kurtulmak, and it was easy! Shame I accidently toasted all my villagers in the start of next round cause I pressed 6 when I wanted to press 7  :(
Pages: 1 [2] 3