Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Corin's Mystery Massacre  (Read 4621 times)

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: Corin's Mystery Massacre
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2004, 09:32:00 am »

Upgrades only apply to fliers in the sense of damage blocking.

Suddenly losing your game at the beginning of the next sector by flaming your citizens is one of the ways of balancing the power of the fire weapon.  :D

The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

someguy

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2004, 12:51:00 pm »

I like Corin's Mystery Massacre a lot. After a few hours of playing, I made it to the third sector. The trick seems to be to play as offensively as possible and spend almost all resources on flyers.
I think the keyboard response could be improved. The first problem is that I can't move and shoot at the same time. Also, the key repetition should kick in instantly, not after the delay specified in the Windows settings. I often get killed in enemy territory because I hit a wall and can't get moving again fast enough. I think if the interface was the same as "Blood Cave", things would be a lot better.

Maybe the key repeat delay is there to facilitate moving around the bases slowly? How about a "walk" key like in the first person shooters? Hold down control or shift, and you only move one space at a time. Also, there should be no key repeating at all in the unit creation menu (where you spend resources). Another little detail is that I would rather have it so that pressing any direction key would exit you from that selection menu.

Aside from the keyboard stuff, what about having a map of the whole sector in the bottom right of the status screen? I'm always getting lost.

Thanks to Toadyone for the fun game!

Vengeful Donut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2007, 02:06:00 pm »

This game has not recieved enough attention. It's intense.

So when were you planning to post some spoilers, toady? ;)

Cpt.Timely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://about:blank and www.google.ca
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2008, 10:33:00 am »

Lol, urs was the first post in over 3 years.
Ima play LCS and CMM now.
ord: It''s unpleasantly like being drunk.
Arthur: What''s so unpleasant about being drunk?
Ford: Ask a cup of water.
When i look in a mirror the glass cracks. See, even glass isn''t stupid enough to get between Cpt.Timely and Cpt.Timely.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2008, 02:20:00 pm »

Man, that game was a great way to kill an evening.

It was even more fun because I didn't bother reading the manual or the forum for any sort of instructions.  So completely *nonsensical*!

It might not have taken up my /whole/ evening if I'd figured out during the first few hours of gameplay that my *soldiers* were the things killing off the enemy bases.  I thought for a long time that they just exhausted themselves over time, and I hadn't built any soldiers in quite a while... Oops...

Maybe that's a record for 'most time wasted on the first level'.

Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2008, 03:04:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Vengeful Donut:
<STRONG>This game has not recieved enough attention. It's intense.

So when were you planning to post some spoilers, toady?  ;)</STRONG>

Wow, great job.

As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.
Pages: 1 2 [3]