Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [LCS] Question and Answer  (Read 1427 times)

Twerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[LCS] Question and Answer
« on: March 10, 2008, 07:02:00 pm »

Feel free to slap me in the face with a fish if you think this is a bad idea, but I figured since LCS is not-too-well documented, and there are a fair amount of little question topics about small parts of the game. Instead of making a new topic, you could just come here and ask the question. And of course, you don't need to answer a question before you ask one. Just go all about it.

I'll start.

What exactly does leadership do, and how can it be raised? >.>

[ March 10, 2008: Message edited by: Twerty ]

Free-to-play games are like the fountains in NetHack. At first, they look refreshing, but when you approach snakes pour out and eat you.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Re: [LCS] Question and Answer
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2008, 07:51:00 pm »

it's a good idea, but there's already 2 threads for this, and one of them is quite comprehensive. Search button is your friend!  ;)
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Twerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2008, 08:10:00 pm »

Well, they died, so I decided to spam instead of necro. Lose-lose situation.
Free-to-play games are like the fountains in NetHack. At first, they look refreshing, but when you approach snakes pour out and eat you.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2008, 08:24:00 pm »

I'd go with necro, because that keeps all the information in one place. anyway, since I'm here: leadership decreases the chance that an arrested recruit will rat on you. Also if the founder dies his place is taken by a liberal with >100 juice OR one with >50 juice and any amount of leadership.
Moreover in a future version, leadership will cap recruitment by any one member.

as for raising it, to wit the only way is to successfully recruit people.

I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2008, 09:22:00 pm »

Leadership also factors into whether people who lose contact with the group will go into hiding or disperse permanently. If their boss who got arrested has high leadership, they're more likely to return after the boss gets out of prison. If your subordinates rack up high juice, you'll get some leadership experience. Leadership requires a certain level of juice before you can start getting it... maybe 50 juice for the first point?

Khlor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2008, 01:18:00 pm »

Hello everyone!
I have been lurking on these forums for quite some time, and I'm ashamed to admit that I didn't manage to register here until stuck with this totally noobish question... :-/
But still: I have stolen some secret files from the Corporate HQ. How exactly do I publish them in the Guardian?

AlanL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2008, 04:02:00 pm »

Go go the guardian HQ, have them write, and wait till the end of the month.

FunkyBomb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2008, 07:17:00 pm »

Is there an "LCS For Dummies" guide or something similar anywhere? I have no idea what I'm doing, everything I do in this game fails horribly.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2008, 06:05:00 am »

well, there's the wiki. But it doesn't have that much information right now...

[ March 25, 2008: Message edited by: a1s ]

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2008, 08:48:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Jonathan S. Fox:
<STRONG> maybe 50 juice for the first point?</STRONG>

Im pretty sure you get one point for every 2 ranks (such as from Civilian to activist to social threat getting 1 point of leadership to the recruiter of person).

As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.