Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Roll to dodge the forum game  (Read 2867 times)

Fishersalwaysdie

• Bay Watcher
  • Slayer of Threads
    • View Profile
    • http://chupacabra
Roll to dodge the forum game
« on: September 11, 2008, 04:01:27 pm »

The GM (Game Master) posts a situation you, the players, are in. You then post your actions, exactly one action per turn. Once all players have made their actions, the GM posts again, with the results of the actions and the state of the world around you. After which you post actions again, ad infinitum.

The action results are defined by a six-sided die roll:
[1]: Epic Fail. Whatever you tried to achieve, you didn't, and you made it worse.
[2]: Fail. You didn't, or couldn't do what you tried to.
[3]: Meager success: You didn't fail, but you didn't succeed either. Like trying to sit on two chairs but ending up on one.
[4]: Success: You succeeded in your plight. All consequences are now your problem.
[5]: Epic Success: You succeed in the most positive way possible. The universe will bend to your will.
[6]: Overshot: You achieved what you tried to achieve, but you made it worse by doing so in the most inhumanely overpowerful way possible. Casualties are inevitable.

In addition, if at any time something threatens you, you get a free roll to dodge it. If you end up in a very bad situation as a result of the first dodge roll, you may or may not get another free roll to narrowly escape death.

Okay the whole forum is in the game. You all roll to dodge.
Rocks fall, (roll-1) everybody dies.
Cannot find self-destruction button, could have sworn it's somewhere here...

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to dodge the forum game
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2008, 04:04:39 pm »

Good game everyone. Play again?
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to dodge the forum game
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2008, 04:06:20 pm »

the first roll to dodge I have ever seen that has actually ended.