Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Roll To Dodge--"Shattered Union"/Second American Civil War Edition  (Read 13890 times)

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Dodge--"Shattered Union"/Second American Civil War Edition
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2008, 05:53:02 pm »

Bump?
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2008, 05:54:02 pm »

I didn't update yesterday because I wanted to give other people the chance to add in new actions after the rule change to allow for 2 actions/turn.

I am planning on updating today, just didn't get the time. I'll do so now actually.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 06:01:49 pm by Servant Corps »
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2008, 05:54:33 pm »

Why does green control so much of my home state? Shouldn't the great plains be a member of the plains?

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2008, 06:33:00 pm »

Oh yeah, a second action, right.

The Goddamn Awesome Army of Texas will attempt to conquer Louisiana.  The Big Easy will be ours!

I'm still obliterating Oklahoma City.  So it's part of the IRT, we'll be better off without those okie footdraggers.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2008, 10:14:15 pm »

(Forgive me if it does look ugly, I'm experimenting with different format styles to see which one is most effective in writing turns and conveying information)

British Broadcasting Corporation: The Situation in America
Turn 2

Texas
*Texans Begins Genocide in Oklahoma City (rolled 3, Minor Success)
--150,000 Feared Dead
--Anti-Texan Partisans Control 55% of the City (New NPC: Oklahoma City Defenders)
--UN General Assembly Passes Resolution Condemning Texas for the Genocide (-1 International Repuation, Texas is at -1 International Repuation)

*Texans Launch Failed Assault in Louisiana (rolled 1, Epic Failure)
--Many Texan Conscripts Divisions Defect to The Confederacy
--Confederacy Begins Counter-Assault, Plans On Liberating Oklahoma City

California Commonwealth
*Republic of Texas Nuked By California (Rolled 2, Failure)
--Civilians Breathe Sigh of Relief As Nuke Barley Misses Houston
--Texans: " 'Only' 100,000 People Confirmed Dead."
--The Confederacy: "We condemn the use of Nuclear Weapons in the Former United States." (-1 International Repuation, California Commonwealth is at -1 International Repuation)

Federation of the Great Plains
*Fort Knox Defects From Confederacy (Rolled 5, Perfect Success)
--Advanced Tank Tech Handed Over to Great Plains
--Leader: "We want to Serve America, Not the Confederacy"
--Confederacy Vows To Retake Fort

*Great Plains Attempt To Start Up Peace Movement (Rolled 4, Success)
--Pacifica Calls For A Private Diplomatic Conference
--Pacifica: "Only by bringing together all the Rebel Groups and talking to one another can we solve our problems."
--Confederacy: "Peace Can Only Happen When Fort Knox Is Returned!"
--European Union: "The only way to re-establish peace in America is if the rebel groups agree to reintegrate into the legal government of the United Staets, and any talks that undermine this basic principle are doomed to fail."

Russia-Controlled Alaska
*Russian Oil Finds Few Buyers On World Market (Rolled 1, Epic Failure)
--European Union Leads International Boycott on Russian Oil
--More People Buying Oil From OPEC, Especially Iran

*Russia Conducts Illegal Blockade On Pacifica and California  (Rolled 5, Perfect Success)
--Commerce In Pacifica and California Grinds to a Halt
---Califorina's Government Implements Rationing To Curb Shortages
----(California, Roll to Dodge: 3, Marginal success. Until the Blockade ends, there is a -1 penatly to all Success Rolls)
--Human Right Groups Fear that the Western Coast Might Starve to Death (-1 International Repuation, Russia is at -1 International Repuation)
--China: "We will not be goaded into a nuclear war by trying to break the blockade."

New England Alliance
*NEA Defends EU Forces From Attack by Confederacy (Rolled 1, Epic failure)
--Confederacy Overrun EU Forces, Seizes the District of Columbia
--NEA's Morale Lowered (For your next turn, all success rolls are lowed by -1)
--Protest Movement in European Union Against the "American War" (If European Union Cannot Regain District of Columbia In 2 Turns, EU will Automatically Withdraw)

*Secret Talks Between EU and NEA Collaspe (Rolled 2, Failure)
--Talks Deadlock Over the Issue of Disarmament
--EU: "We believes in 'reintegration' of all rebel groups into the United States government. All rebel groups must lay down their arms and swear loyalty to the President."

Zarathustran Commonwealth
*Zarathustran Sympathizers Arrested in Flordia, Charged with Terrosim (Rolled 2, Failure)
--Confederacy: "We must protect America from Communists."

*'Cyborg Super Soldiers' Constructed in Puerto Rico (Rolled 5, Perfect Success)
--Military anyalsts speculate that they can strip a city dry of resources within days.
--Confederacy Prepares For an Zarathustran Assault.
====
NPCs:
--Oklahoma City Defenders: Currently waging insurgency war against Texas
--Pacifica: Currently organizing a Peace Conference
--European Union: "We need allies! All rebel groups, please swear loyalty to the Presidency and work with us to bring back stablity to the former United States!"
--Confederacy: "We like to make a 5-Turn CeaseFire with Zarathustrans, so that we can focus on more pressing fronts, liberating Oklahoma City and destroying the European Union's presence in the former United States. Name us your terms."
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 10:27:02 pm by Servant Corps »
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2008, 11:47:22 pm »

Attempt to break blockade while deploying defenses around my area of control.
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2008, 12:14:44 am »

We talk to the EU again giving allegience, but reminding them that we want a fair say in what's to come.

We raise money through exports and commerce.

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2008, 04:30:21 am »

if we continue like this, everyone's gona have -10 reputation in a few turns... oh well, my actions:
1) I send a large platoon of tanks into Canada to take over its northern portion.
2) I infiltrate the California Commonwealth with spies that propagate propaganda!
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2008, 04:35:11 am »

Oh fuck me, we're taking this seriously?  Okay... new strategy...  We'll pincer attack them before they pincer attack us!

*Little Rock or Bust
If we can capture Arkansas, the Confederates and Free Okies won't be able to link up, but we'll be sitting in the Ozarks with our asses out, so...
EDIT: Taking a second look at the map, Arkansas is technically part of the Republic of Texas.  Okay, change that to fortifying Little Rock, as a staging area.  Military push into Arkansas anyway.

*Hey Rodriguez, Can You Top This?
Goad the Zarathustrans into attacking the Confederacy.  Keep up the pressure.

Don't worry, you godless San Franciscans.  I'll get to you soon enough.  Once Sugar Land stops glowing anyway.
Those cowardly traitors in Louisiana will rue the day they cast off the lone star.
And the International Community can kiss my saddlesore butt.  Texas stands alone.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 09:49:09 pm by Aqizzar »
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Nonanonymous

• Bay Watcher
  • A blithering idiot
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2008, 05:28:04 pm »

I agree to the ceasefire, in exchange for... Duh-duh!  One hundred billion dollars!  A large shipment of polyacrylonitrile, and maybe some diamonds too.

As for my turn, I launch a military attack against Texas, since it's the other closest nation, the Confederacy isn't fair game anymore, and my mineral wealth is absolute shit.

I also prepare an orbital contingency plan, complete with a weapons array in order to reclaim ground on Terra.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2008, 09:25:05 pm »

I have (as per normal) lots of issues

Tech: What sort of technology levels are we playing with? If we are going to build space-cannons, then I'll have to reread some of Drake's works and build those kinds of tanks (which can shoot down sats.) I'd rather not though.

EU: I asked for peace last turn, and they asked for it back, does it take another action to sign a mutual defense treaty?

My actions:

1) Send massive food aid to west coast, allong with a request that California submit to a no first use nuke policy (just a request, food goes through either way).

2) Mutual Defense Pact With European Union (and anyone else who wants it I guess, except the commies or the texans, but only if they offer).

3) (If 2 is automatic) I build factories in Fargo, ND capable of building advanced tanks.

HINT to those who are using nukes: i don't like people who use WMD's in my country . . .

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2008, 09:45:03 pm »

Add to acrions of California Commonwealth: Accept the offer

I think that'd fit.
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2008, 11:19:13 pm »

Tech: What sort of technology levels are we playing with?

Near Modern-Tech. In the Nationstates MMO, it's jargon for technology that may feasibly exist in the near-future, but not actually in the far-off future. It's sorta artibrary, but if you think it can be built in the MT today, then it likely will be allowed. Though I get the final say-so.

So, I guess that entire paragraph above means no space-cannons.

I'll give Nonanonymous another day to change his action from building space-cannons to something else. I'll also give Aqizzar another day to change his action of goading the Zarathustrans.

EU: I asked for peace last turn, and they asked for it back, does it take another action to sign a mutual defense treaty?

Well, they asked for peace, but on their own terms (i.e., accepting the Presidency sufficently). It will take another action, but it's because you have to persuade the EU to accept your demands. Once you are able to persuade them to accept your terms, then the Mutual Defense Pact is signed.

This is just a strange circumstance though. Usually, diplomacy doesn't take an Action, but the EU is currently stubborn, so here we go.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2008, 12:11:09 am »

I actually wanted to play as the EU, so I'd like to take it over if that's ok.

First action: Request reinforcements from Europe.  We can't pull out now!

Second action: Agree to a temporary alliance with the NEA, if they agree to allow us ports to land our reinforcements, and agree to a joint recapturing of the District of Columbia.  EU may not like the rebel countries, but a rebel ally is better than losing the war.

Second action if that doesn't count as a second action: EU forces left in DC should start guerilla warfare, with a priority on pinning down units away from the coastline and the NEA borders.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2008, 01:31:50 am »

I can't goad the Zarathustrans?  Damn.  Okay, lemme think.

We're under attack by the Zaras from the gulf and the Confederates from the east.  A defensive plan is needed.  Damaged by nuclear strike, Houston is all but indefensible, and too far south to be worth holding against the Confeds, while whole Arkansas region is too far north (and worthless) to hold with the Zaras to worry about.  I'm sure the military will be too busy to fight any more fronts than that.

Action 1 - Set up a defensive line stretching from Bryan/Huntsville up to Tyler/Longview.  Force the attackers march over open land.

Action 2 - To screw with the Pacificans, and everybody else, even more, I'll offer Russia a deal to form an oil cartel with Texas.  Then we can threaten embargoes or price hikes against our mutual foes.  I don't trust a Russian farther than I can throw him, but it's good business.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4