Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which Civilization from SvS is your favorite?

Freaks
- 6 (19.4%)
Valkyries
- 2 (6.5%)
Amazons
- 4 (12.9%)
Vikings
- 2 (6.5%)
Orcs
- 2 (6.5%)
Drunks
- 5 (16.1%)
Elders
- 1 (3.2%)
Dvergars
- 0 (0%)
Eh, whatever
- 9 (29%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Sage Vs. Sodom, New Version Beta 0.80!  (Read 19276 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Sage Vs. Sodom, New Version Beta 0.80!
« on: September 11, 2008, 10:10:59 pm »

This mod changes the playable races a bit, hopefully inspiring a bit more conflict.  My main goal is to focus more on humans, proving that we have more to fear from each other than anything else in this world, or any others.

The secondary goal is to make all races playable in fortress mode.  Note that the limited professions are mostly intentional, so the Drunks are never gonna mine for stone, work with stone, and a host of other things.  All civilizations are currently active, I'd advise using the Vikings or the Dvergar for a more "normal" experience.

The trinary goal has evolved into: get kinky, without crossing the line.  Two skantily clad civs, and a civilization that likes using S&M items as weapons.  Also, new critical hit locations are sure to offend!

The deluxe version is compatable with Mike Mayday's graphic and tile sets.  It's also the most up to date.  If you don't like graphics and tile sets, you can just use the objects file.
NEW VERSION!  BETA VERSION 0.80!

For those who can't figure out how to mesh the Mike Mayday's stuff and my own, I've included a old, full version of the mod.  Will be pulled if asked by Mike Mayday, as it's essentially his version with my mod added.  Unfortunately, my internet connection is too slow these days to upload the new version.
Kinda obsolete, version 0.75 installed

This Link leads to an antiquated, non-compatable w/graphic and tile set version, but it's also more conservative:
Old, but simple

What's New in Version Deluxe Beta 0.80:
Honestly, I'm not quite sure. ;D
See, I did some work on the mod, forgot about it for a couple months, then came back to it.  But, here's what I do know:
-New, more "intimate" hit locations were added, but I'm not sure if they're working.  Let me know if you see them!
-Kobolds have been changed to Kraven, and they're now set to use the Kobold's tile/graphic set (I can never remember which it is).  They can also be used in Fortress Mode.  Don't worry, they're intelligent.
-Orcs can now trade!  Yay!  But, not with you, probably...
-I fiddled with the religious spheres.  War is more likely.  The races are generally balanced so war can be maintained.
-Valkyries can fly!
-And other stuff I can't remember due to sleepiness or time...

Description of Mod:

The Amazons are here, and they don't like you!  These scantily clad vixens steal the young from other races to raise in their way of thinking!  Survive their attacks, and you won't need to visit Victoria's Secret for intimate apparel!  :o

Dwarfs have grown up into Vikings, and now live in cities since they no longer can be picked on for being short.  I'll admit, the military jobs can be confusing.  Just try to think like a Viking.
Hint:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Valkyries are here, with a vengence!  These ladies are under the impression that everyone thinks the Amazons are more attractive.  So, these ladies of battle will take you away to Valhalla NOW, whether you're ready or not.

Goblins have been kicked out by their bigger cousins, the Orcs.  If you survive their onslaught, you'll be rewarded with gear you can actually use!  Especially useful if you can't make metal armor yourself for one reason or other.

Koboods are GONE, replaced by the Kraven.  They live in ruins, stealing to survive.

The Elves are gone! Hurray! The Sages take their place, and are even more zealous, strictly forbidding most ethical breaches. They are also better armed.  They use wands instead of bows, which are more powerful.

The Humans have been perverted to a greater degree, and have changed from the Ungoods, into the Freaks!  These guys use kinky weapons, more designed for humiliation than battle.

Having problems recruiting teammates in Adventure mode? Miss the days of the drunks at the tavern? No more! This mod returns them as their own race! The Drunks have so few jobs, they'll die for almost ANYONE, just so they can escape the boredom!  They have middle of the road beliefs, shunning most ethical failing, but not willing to take a stand on anything.  They're much to busy drinking, you know.

Dvergar just added, who are essentially dark dwarves.  Good trade partners to get underground stuff.  They're human sized, and a tad weaker than average humans, due to unfamiliarity with sunlight (just be lucky I can't make them catch on fire in sunlight, cool as that might be, unless you're trading during daylight!).

Still gladly accepting item suggestions, along with any other suggestions.

Basically I'm using the [BABYSNATCHER] tag to divide the world in two.  Civs may need to be moved from one side to the other, for flavor.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sage Vs. Sodom Mod
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2008, 07:33:24 am »

I've noticed very little interest in my mod, so I added something to hopefully change that:

Now Featuring Amazons!  :o

Yes, these scantily-clad ladies will now steal your young, and try to overthrow your male-centered fortress!

Always glad to hear comments, especially on this new feature.

DuncanFrost

• Bay Watcher
  • Urban Legendary
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt account.
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2008, 07:52:17 am »

Scantily-clad ladies automatically make everything awesome!
Toady looses a roaring laughter, fell and terrible!
Toady has butchered a spammer!

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2008, 11:08:52 am »

You damn immoral! How could you change your position because a paragraph of text that describe naked women that are printed in screen by ASCII?
Now, if only there is some viking (Dwarf) v.s. Ninja v.s. Pirates. HOLY DAMNED COOL!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2008, 12:29:15 pm »

You damn immoral! How could you change your position because a paragraph of text that describe naked women that are printed in screen by ASCII?
Now, if only there is some viking (Dwarf) v.s. Ninja v.s. Pirates. HOLY DAMNED COOL!

Suggestion noted.

Actually, there are already mods with Pirates.
And, you're working on a Ninja mod.

But, I do like the idea about Vikings.
Plus, I was already planing on getting rid of the Koboods, so a raider of some type could work.

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2008, 07:45:44 pm »

Make them appear on wild boar's back, when they sieging.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2008, 09:41:21 pm »

How do I do that?

And, why do Vikings ride wild boars?  Vikings travel by sea, sailing up just out of range of the fort, then pillaging!

Still, it sounds cool, so if somebody could tell me how to do it, I probably will.  Or, maybe I'll make the Drunks ride donkeys into battle, if that's possible.  Probably both, if I can.

Don't worry, I'll have the Amazons ride something into battle also!  ;)

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2008, 12:00:02 am »

Because horsies are no good. Maybe use mammoth? See ParaWorld on norsemen. They had crazy ideas! Like a superweapon compromised by a giant Rhinosaurus with 3 (!) ballista that fire like DF's crossbow.

Oh, and also read Vinland Saga (in Onemanga) for more details on VIKING.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2008, 11:08:20 pm »

A new version is up, with Vikings replacing the dwarves, and Orcs replacing the goblins.  Have fun!

It turns out that if a civilization doesn't have an ethic tag explicitly saying that theft is a capital offense, then you can steal with no penalty, as far as I can tell.  So, I changed things so that theft is punishable by death for most races.  One race happens to be above killing people just for stealing, but I'll leave that up to you to determine.

P.S. I'm currently looking into adding more items that will make the races unique.  Some items are already implemented, but I could use some more ideas.

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sage Vs. Sodom Mod, with Amazons and Vikings!
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2008, 07:43:49 am »

Ah. Skull mug for the orcs, and vikings. Bigger Axes. Also, many vikings use swords, so make a powerful 1 or 2 handed sword for them. But heavy. Real heavy.

Make a new mount for orcs, not beak dogs. Up the troll's power.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2008, 07:57:39 pm »

Thanks for the suggestions.  How about a new sword for the Vikings: The Rune Sword.  You can wield it one handed because of the balance, but most people don't because of the weight!  I think mugs are hard-coded, so I can't make skull mugs in the traditional way.

Just read about how to change mounts.  Yeah, kinda lame having orcs ride beak dogs.  Have to see what is better for them to ride.

Maybe I'll just let the orcs tear up buildings and such, and remove the trolls as siege weapons.

Any ideas on the other races?

Os Q

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2008, 10:50:29 am »

Maybe a race to trade with that can provide underground plants and animals

"Dvergar"
Like regular dwarves but:

Human size (it is possible that Norse Dwarves where originally not short) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norse_dwarves

Maybe eat Sapiens (to make them more Ghoulish and assiociate them more with death and decay)

Maybe they could sell some tame animals (underground critters) like the elves do
They could work with Adamantine, (I mean actually produce items and sell them in caravans) if possible. This would represent their artifacts, since you can't buy them off of caravans anyway

(nice mod by the way)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 10:59:37 am by Os Q »
..at least put some spikes in your clubs for goodness sake!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2008, 12:28:24 am »

Actually, I've been toying with the idea of making the Ungoods a babysnatching-sieging power, and having the Orcs come to trade, which is the opposite of things now.

At first, I was reluctant to do this, since before this version that would mean no great trading partners like the default humans in the conventional game.  However, the Vikings have changed into that role, so it should be good.

I might even change the seasons, so the Vikings show up in summer, and the Orcs show up in autumn.

I may still use the Dvergar.  Lots of thinking needs to be done on my part.  I might have to replace the Drunks as traders.

My backstory as to why the Drunks come in Winter was: They were too drunk to show up for the meeting where the great civilizations determined when everyone would trade, so they got stuck with the season nobody else wanted (Winter).

However, the Dvergar would also trade during the winter, so as to better hide themselves from the sunlight (thanks for the link by the way).

Besides, the Drunks were really more of an Adventure mode civilization anyways.  The only reason they trade at all is so I could play as them, for a greater challenge.

Considering their trade goods, they could probably share the spring with the Sages (kind of a toss-up as to which is more worthless, personally I'd chose the Drunks because they will at least accept skull totems and other such items).  From what I gather, by setting them both for spring, they'll alternate somewhat.

Like I said, lots of thinking.  Thanks for the idea, and I'm open to more.

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2008, 08:50:35 pm »

Make BSDM crafts for the Ungoods

Really FUN! For the demonic cults only.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2008, 04:46:08 pm »

I've been debating on whether or not to do this.  I was also thinking of giving such crafts to the Amazons.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5