Dwarf Fortress > DF Suggestions

DF Eternal Suggestion Voting

<< < (3/173) > >>

zagibu:
Probably, yes. Unfortunately, I'm not a professional webprogrammer, so there might be a lot of bugs. I have already sent in a fix for the apostrophe-problem, which was caused because Toady and I use different versions of MySQL (unfortunately, I can't change my version, it's a crappy webprovider). This situation also makes debugging a bit difficult.

Just don't get too angry, if votes get lost from time to time, during the first week or so.

Now, concerning Tyrving's problem, this has also an origin in the version differences. Originally, I used subqueries to calculate the votes from the assigned users, but the MySQL version over here couldn't handle it. So I introduced a decoupled field, which is updated seperately at each votechange. Maybe the multi-user problematic is coming up now, and I have to use transactions. Not sure...

I have to think of something first that can improve the debugging situation.

Toady One:
I've put up the apostrophe fix.  There do seem to be lots of invisible supporters somehow.

Draco18s:
Try cleaning all the votes without removing the suggestions (assuming you can).  That should remove any invisible votes, and if it doesn't those topics can be remade.

Davion:
Edit: Disregard, it's now showing up.

Toady One:
zagibu's patched up the invisible supporter problem (my fault), but the numbers will still be off for now.  The vote count seems to run up a little on its own, but all the supporters are being recorded properly.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version