Dwarf Fortress > DF Suggestions

DF Eternal Suggestion Voting

<< < (140/173) > >>

Melting Sky:
This poll is a great idea. The only issue I can see there really being with it is that there are a lot of suggestions that overlap to the point that they are essentially the same suggestion. For instance I saw at least 3 popular suggestions that basically boiled down to improving the UI thus I had trouble deciding exactly where to put my vote for that. The one other thing to keep in mind when reading the results is that this is a poll taken of the most hardcore and dedicated of the fan base, the people who are actually active members of the DF community thus it is not necessarily very indicative of the more average and less obsessed players out there who make up the bulk of the player base. The UI although still an irritation to many veteran players is nowhere near as horrible an experience as it was when we all first had to learn it and thus people have been playing for years are far less likely to rank fixing it as highly as a new or more average player. It has been one of the primary reasons I have heard over and over again from friends I have shown this game to for them not being able to get into DF despite liking the idea of the game itself.

Anyway, I was just using the UI as a personal example of why I think some topics may get more or less votes than one might think at first glance rather than trying to start a UI debate about that here in the polling thread where it really doesn't belong.

Puzzlemaker:
I suppose that since a new versions is out, some of these have been finished (Specifically "Retire a fortress", although I also see some really old ones like "Doctors/Hospitals" and "Conveyances").

Adrian:
My vote goes to just resetting the whole thing.

Puzzlemaker:

--- Quote from: Adrian on July 11, 2014, 02:58:09 pm ---My vote goes to just resetting the whole thing.

--- End quote ---

I gotta agree with you on that, a lot of the suggestions are no longer really applicable/as high a priority.

Draco18s:
The ones I control (i.e. created) that are still in the top-20 are all still valid and I don't think any/much progress has been made on them.
(I have been clearing out votes on things I consider to have been "worked on recently" so other things can float to the top)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version