Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 58

Author Topic: DF Eternal Suggestion Voting  (Read 454063 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: DF Eternal Suggestion Voting
« Reply #750 on: January 27, 2015, 01:03:52 am »

Hmm. Auto-mining is now added to the game.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: January 27, 2015, 09:16:34 am »

That one is controlled by Dwaref who hasn't been online since 2012.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: January 27, 2015, 09:30:10 am »

Then let the hunt begin...
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

shadowclasper

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McSpacemarine, AxeDwarf
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #753 on: February 02, 2015, 12:14:52 am »

That one is controlled by Dwaref who hasn't been online since 2012.
seems like the system needs to be rearranged somehow to allow anybody with access to control anything rather than select portions...
Project Manager for Towergirls: Subtitle Pending

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: February 02, 2015, 10:08:35 am »

Toady has control over all suggestions, and submitters have control over their own as well.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: April 02, 2015, 02:59:49 pm »

Retire a Fortress is in, its #22 right now.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: April 02, 2015, 03:52:56 pm »

Retire a Fortress is in, its #22 right now.

Owned by RandomNumberGenerator, last active 2011.

vomov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: April 09, 2015, 09:04:35 am »

Toady has control over all suggestions
Perhaps Toady could clean up the whole suggestion voting system? A full reset with the removal of some or all options might be best, since some voters haven't been active in years, and their votes give a misrepresented image of what we would like to see in the game.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: April 09, 2015, 01:19:25 pm »

I agree, but I don't think he reads this thread.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: April 10, 2015, 10:22:20 am »

Or give a moderator powers to clean it up for him.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Brienne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: April 16, 2015, 02:04:13 am »

So knowledge is on the way.
One of common interest in past civilizations is astrology/astronomy. People thought messages were hidden in sky, they tried to understands god(s) and watched stars, comets, eclipses... and "explained" them.
I guess it could fit with DF universe.

IG, astrology could give clues about what happens in the world, may warns about future siege, necro/FB attacks...
Astronomy could help for travels, caravans stuff (frequency for ex), trade, special conditions stuff (stars alignment allowed special alloys and dwarves could predict that)... Artists could leave/come for astronomic events, like celtic priest gathering during full moon night,... could give astro moods...
It may needs special buidlings (mirror, glass, books,...)

All this is related to knowledge and religion aspects Toady is working on.
I add this suggestion to http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/eternal_voting.php as I don't see any post about it. (->"Astronomy and astrology")

Hope it gives ideas for future development.
PS: Toady, ThreeToe, thanks again for this game. Hours of playing, days of dreaming.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 03:36:27 am by Brienne »

Aquillion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: April 22, 2015, 02:24:32 am »

The problem is that any time Toady spends moderating this (or even managing people who moderate it) is time not spent working on Dwarf Fortress.

Probably the best solution is for someone to create a new eternal suggestions voting page from scratch.  It would require discarding all votes, but honestly, doing that every so often is not a terrible idea.  Then once the new page picks up steam, it would be pretty easy for someone to point it out to Toady in one of the FotF threads so he can move the sticky to their new thread for it.
We don't want another cheap fantasy universe, we want a cheap fantasy universe generator. --Toady One

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: April 24, 2015, 02:19:46 pm »

Honestly just nuking all the suggestions and starting over would probably be best.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: April 24, 2015, 03:14:24 pm »

I'm not opposed to setting up a new/improved page, if that's what's being discussed. It could be hosted on the wiki (although I'd have to consult Locriani about creating a new table/database for it). Of course, that would require a wiki account instead of a forum account, but the wiki's deploy process has the advantage of being more structured.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: April 24, 2015, 05:44:21 pm »

I'm not opposed to setting up a new/improved page, if that's what's being discussed. It could be hosted on the wiki (although I'd have to consult Locriani about creating a new table/database for it). Of course, that would require a wiki account instead of a forum account, but the wiki's deploy process has the advantage of being more structured.

If you want to set that up, that would be awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 58